We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would this be fun?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
Would this be fun?

I’m thinking of this for our last six days in Ireland.

Dublin loop to Glendalough, Kilkenny, Waterford, back to fly out of Dublin. Maybe three days Glendalough area (Kyles Farm?), visit Kilkenny, Stay near Waterford 2 days, then last night near Glendalough or possibly Hurth.

We want to hike, see some castles, and pretty towns.

What do you think, too much?

16 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,061 posts
389 reviews
1. Re: Would this be fun?

My only observation is not to return to Glendlough a second time. Why would you? You'll already have been there.

A last night in Howth (I think you meant) would be a good idea.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,635 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Would this be fun?

Kyle Farm is wonderful.....Hugh and Margaret are wonderful hosts, her breakfast, and dinner are delicious and they are both very friendly and helpful.....although I'm not a hiker, we witnessed their service to them and it was amazing.....they give lifts to other locations, transport their luggage, etc.....

Kilkenny, Glendalough, and Waterford are all within driving distance so you could stay put there for 4-5 days, and visit all of them, and get some hikes in too.....

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
32,323 posts
3. Re: Would this be fun?

Unless you've a flight at silly o'clock I'd stay in Dublin on the last night if I were you.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Would this be fun?

Thanks for great ideas!

This is my plan, tell me if you like it.

After traveling in counties Galway and Mayo, drive to Dublin where we are spending our last two nights with our daughter and family. Next late morning we will go to Dublin Airport, they fly home and my husband and drive to Kilkenny area and Waterford’s area, spending three nights somewhere to expo,re these areas. Then drive to Kyle Farm where we will spend our last three nights in Ireland, with days hiking and exploring the area. Our flight leaves at 1500.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,635 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Would this be fun?

looks good, you might enjoy Lawcus Farm just outside Kilkenny, abour 15 minutes....Mark and Ann-Marie are lovely and the location is wonderful for peace, quiet, beauty.....breakfast is fantastic and cooked to order....

http://www.lawcusfarmguesthouse.com/

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Would this be fun?

Thanks so much! I’ve decided on Kyle Farm, 2-3 nights. Still thinking of other place, maybe near Admore or Lismore?

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
183 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Would this be fun?

West Waterford is lovely , do you want to stay in a rural setting ? I like Lismore and Ardmore - both have charms - Ardmore shades it for me due to being right on the coast . Around Dungarvan would work too- and would give you direct access to the Greenway and more food and drink options .

Kilcannon House would be a good rural B and B near Dungarvan.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Would this be fun?

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! So many places are already booked. I decided on one night in Cashel at Baileys Hotel. I really want to see Cashel Rock. Then two nights in Youghal at Old Imperial Hotel, and three nights at Kyles Farmhouse. It sounds perfect to me.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Would this be fun?

Thank you! I changed my reservations after reading about Lawcus Farm. It sounds amazing! We will stay there three nights. Now I need a place close to Glendalough, Blessington, and a little hiking. I’d prefer a cute town with pubs no more than 45 minutes away from these areas. Also would be nice if it was less than an hour from Dublin Airport. Any ideas?

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
6,836 posts
1 review
10. Re: Would this be fun?

I think I would be more inclined to stay in, say, Dungarvan than Youghal.

Reply to: Would this be fun?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted