We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming into dublin next summer passport control?

2 posts
coming into dublin next summer passport control?

from the states (Ohio,USA) first time traveling going to backpack Europe during summer break from classes.. getting my passport next month, what should i expect at passport control, does it take long and what should i expect from them question wise? just never traveled out of the western hemisphere kinda nervous, and then from there i should be fine to travel all over Europe correct?

Best Seller
Cliffs of Moher Tour Including Wild...
1,266 Reviews
from US$52.80*
Best Seller
Northern Ireland Highlights Day Trip...
1,053 Reviews
from US$76.30*
Best Seller
Aran Islands and Cliffs of Moher Day...
481 Reviews
from US$47.00*
4 replies to this topic
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
15,965 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: coming into dublin next summer passport control?

You will be fine to travel to the Schengen countries for up to 90 days.

I expect you can still go to the UK, but as by then it will be in neither the EU or Schengen, who knows?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,928 posts
2. Re: coming into dublin next summer passport control?

Be sure you have an onward ticket and sufficient funds.

Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: coming into dublin next summer passport control?

Americans, we arrived at Dublin Airport on a monday morning. There are two sections in passport control - to the left for members of the European Union (not us!) who just sort of walk on through; to the right, everyone else, where you will be in a really long line that eventually splits after 20-30 minutes into six or seven booths where the agent will give you the eye and inquire 'what's the plan?'. I think the agents just want to spend about 15 seconds conversing with you to get a sense of who you are, then they wave you on out.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,045 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: coming into dublin next summer passport control?

the non eu line can be short or long, depending on what aircraft come in. with maybe 300 arriving at one time, there will be a queue and then if there is a problem with one or two, you just have to wait

by the way, europe is classed as been in the western hemisphere

Reply to: coming into dublin next summer passport control?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted