We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in june

1 post
Weather in june

Hi, I am planning to visit Dublin over the next 2 weeks and i am aware that the weather can change drastically within a day. The average reported temperature is about 17 deg Celsius but I am just wondering if how cold would it feel like due to wind and rain etc. I live in Singapore and experience summer throughout the year, hence I know i'm intolerant to cold. Is it advisable to bring a thick and heavy winter jacket or will i thin down jacket be sufficient? Thank you and much appreciated!!

9 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,050 posts
389 reviews
1. Re: Weather in june

Thin down jacket will be plenty, and if the weather continues like it currently is, you won't need it at all.Fingers crossed. We're getting temps of 21C and more at the moment.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Weather in june

Don't know about Dublin but it's been baking hot here for a week or so, could also finish tomorrow and back to rain, so you need a lightweight waterproof coat, but nothing heavy.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,984 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Weather in june

www.met.ie

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,046 posts
212 reviews
4. Re: Weather in june

Weather has been beautiful the last couple of weeks here. No need for a winter jacket. When when it was raining the other day it was still seriously warm.

We need a good thunder storm and the minute to clear the air!

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Weather in june

I love a good thunderstorm.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
73,947 posts
478 reviews
6. Re: Weather in june

I've never felt cold in Ireland in June, but I'm not from Singapore! I suspect that a light jacket will be enough if you do find yourself feeling a bit chilly. It will also be very useful if it rains.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
32,242 posts
7. Re: Weather in june

The good weather may break.

But in June you'll enjoy long hours of daylight.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Weather in june

A hot day in Ireland is a cold day in Singapore.

Kilkenny
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Weather in june

Fantastic weather at moment ... hopefully still here when you come but bring a wind/rain jacket and a warm sports jumper just in case .... enjoy :)

Reply to: Weather in june
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted