We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week trip to Ireland in April 2018

12 posts
Save Topic
Week trip to Ireland in April 2018

My husband and I are planning our first trip over seas (We're from Washington State). Well, he's been to Scotland and Iceland but first trip as a couple and a first international trip for myself.

Anyways I am wondering how we should start building our itinerary? We will be flying into Dublin. My husband likes anything dealing with history/museums. I like anything that deals with nature/animals etc. We're not party people, nor are are we big drinkers, but wouldn't mind taking a tour of a distillery. We are mostly going for the landscapes and to see the country side. It would also be fun to stay in a castle.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Edited: 15 January 2018, 19:47
Belleek Castle Museum
Castles, History Museums, Jogging Paths & Tracks
Ferns Castle
Castles, Historic Sites
4 replies to this topic
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Week trip to Ireland in April 2018

When in April, please? Will it coincide with Easter?

All schools will be closed for the Easter Holidays from Friday evening 26th March until Monday 9th April, 2018, making that a busy and more expensive time.

Planning your Trip to Ireland:

Edited: 15 January 2018, 20:15
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Week trip to Ireland in April 2018

I am so sorry, I did not see this message till now. We are going April 19th - 26th.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,223 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Week trip to Ireland in April 2018

If he likes fishing, this one on the Ballynahinch River would be worth a night or two.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
619 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week trip to Ireland in April 2018

If you will be near Galway and want to stay in a real castle, as opposed to a hotel "castle", this Air B&B castle looks cool!!! And reasonable.

Or in Tipperary...Tullaun Castle! Kevin and Sonia are great and did a wonderful job restoring it authentically.

Reply to: Week trip to Ireland in April 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted