We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay with us on Skye apartments? Ascrib?

London, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Stay with us on Skye apartments? Ascrib?

Has anyone stayed at any of these apartment? We have been looking at the Ascrib one as it looks great, but I cant find any reviews for it anywhere!

Also, is there enough to do in Skye for a week in April? :)

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
6,525 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay with us on Skye apartments? Ascrib?

Can't help with the apartments, but as for whether there is enough to do for a week in April - if you like wonderful mountain landscapes, and superb seascapes, and you also like walking and other outdoor activities, there's enough to do for a lifetime!

London, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay with us on Skye apartments? Ascrib?

thanks for the info!

Here is the place I mentioned

staywithusonskye.co.uk/self-catering-edinban…

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a self catering accommodation which isnt too secluded (5min walk to a town) on any part of the Island? Maybe portree though?

My parents are alot older (75) and will just want to mooch about whereas my husband and I wish to do long walks and other activities.

Thanks again

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
6,525 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay with us on Skye apartments? Ascrib?

I agree that Portree would be your best base, although it's hardly a 'town' - population only about 2,500. But it's the biggest settlement on the island, and being central it's a good base for touring.

4. Re: Stay with us on Skye apartments? Ascrib?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Skye