We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children’s Playground

Tain, United Kingdom
1 post
Children’s Playground
Save

Can anyone tell me if/where a child’s play park is. Ideally near to Portree. I’m having to travel for work but will have my young children with me one who loves slides.

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
779 reviews
13,924 helpful votes
1. Re: Children’s Playground
Save

Google maps says there is a playground in portree behind portree community centre.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,848 posts
703 reviews
737 helpful votes
2. Re: Children’s Playground
Save

On route to Portree, about 15 mins away, there is also a playground at the Sligachan Hotel.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
39,379 posts
433 reviews
1,864 helpful votes
3. Re: Children’s Playground
Save

There is a playground there Scottish-hidden-gems :-)

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
146 reviews
76 helpful votes
4. Re: Children’s Playground
Save

Depending on when you are there, the one inside the Aros centre, on the southern outskirts of Portree might be open again (It is shut due to COVID restrictions just now).

When I was little I used to love visiting the area known as The Lump in Portree with my parents - there is a natural amphitheatre in the middle, where Highland games are held and plenty room to run around. There is also a path round the outside of the Lump, but it has some steep drop offs, so care would be needed and it might not be suitablle for very young kids.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: Children’s Playground
Save

Looks like the Sligachan Hotel's playground even has a zip line!

Reply to: Children’s Playground
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Skye
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.