We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina View

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
115 posts
42 reviews
Marina View

I've been looking at booking Marina View, from the Stokels, but have been unable to locate any reviews. Is anyone familiar with this property overlooking the harbour?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,367 posts
178 reviews
1. Re: Marina View

I don't know the property but from the photo on the Visit Scotland website it's overlooking the marina (strangely!) and in an excellent position. As its on the Visit Scotland website I would be happy to book it if it were me. We go to Basil Cafe in the same block quite a lot and the buildings look quite good although I have never been inside. Don't know if that helps at all??

Woody x

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
115 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Marina View

Thanks Woody (you share a name with one of my dear friends!). That does help - just knowing that you have faith in the Visit Scotland site and the buildings look good is quite helpful.

If you have any other recommendations for places to see or visit in the area, I"m happy for suggestions. Thanks so much!

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,367 posts
178 reviews
3. Re: Marina View

Ha! Ha! How long have you got and where would you like me to start??

Time of year is important to know as are your interests - just for starters I would say visit Findhorn Village and Culloden Battlefield, Cawdor Castle, Clava Cairns - I could go on and on (and often do!) Let me know what interests you and what you hope to see and do, how long your visit is and time of year...

If you haven't already discovered it the Undiscovered Scotland website is superb

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/usmapindexes/nort…

The above clickable link of the North Central Index which covers the area around Nairn should give you a starting point.

You are on the doorstep of many distilleries in the area around Nairn - this website is useful too

http://www.greaterspeyside.com/

Have a look and ask all the questions you want - and happy planning too!

W x

selby
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Marina View

going to Nairn at weekend, cottage booked,will review when I get back

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
115 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Marina View

Just got home and will post a review but suffice to say that we enjoyed it the cottage. The location by the beach is excellent, tho the windows look onto the busy marina street if constant foot traffic bothers you - i like people watching so it worked for me. The second bedroom is very small with two twin beds but again, it was fine for us. Jenny and Gary were great to deal with and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hope you do too!

Reply to: Marina View
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nairn
Recent Conversations