We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cawdor to Nairn walk.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Cawdor to Nairn walk.

Hi.

Is it easy to find your way from Cawdor Castle up to Nairn walking alone the River route./

Cheers.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Cawdor to Nairn walk.

Hi.

Is it easy to find your way from Cawdor Castle up to Nairn, walking along the River route?

Cheers.

Nairn, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Cawdor to Nairn walk.

Very straightforward. Distance about 6 Miles. Allow at least a couple of hours. Lovely walk.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
181 reviews
3. Re: Cawdor to Nairn walk.

Yes I agree with the previous answer - lovely flat walk by the river but we didn't quite make it to Cawdor - maybe next time!

W x

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
4. Re: Cawdor to Nairn walk.

To check out the route go to

www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/getamap/

and click on the pink circle "I want to get a map now". Enter Cawdor in the search box. Click on the biggest dot and this shows the area at a scale of 2.5inches to 1 mile. The walk is shown as the pale grey dotted line along the river. Use the directional arrows to follow the route north to Nairn.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Cawdor to Nairn walk.

Thanks all for your help.

After visiting Cawdor Castle i walked along the river into Nairn and was rewarded with virtually my only Sun of the week.

It took 2 hours, which included a 5 minute stop around half way, and various stops to take pics.

It was wonderful walking along the sand in my bare feet and then eating Fish and Chips on that same sand a while later.

Now i see why Charlie Chaplin liked to vacate here.

Cheers.

John.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
181 reviews
6. Re: Cawdor to Nairn walk.

That makes me all the more determined to do the whole walk now John - you are an inspiration!

W x

7. Re: Cawdor to Nairn walk.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Nairn
Recent Conversations