We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sim card purchase?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
sim card purchase?

I am planning to come directly from Inverness Airport to Nairn, and would like to get a sim from O2, Orange, etc, with a prepaid plan upon arrival. Is there a place at the airport or in Nairn to buy a sim and add a prepaid credit? I didn't see a carphone, tesco, or individual provider store (which is what I've done on previous trips to Edinburgh). Thanks for your help!

8 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sim card purchase?

Not sure that there is but if you are prepared to make a slight detour by heading towards Inverness for a couple of miles then there is a large Tesco and a carphonewarehouse at the retail park.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: sim card purchase?

Nothing in Nairn but Vodafone, EE, O2 and Three in Eastgate Centre, Inverness

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sim card purchase?

Unfortunate news, but not unexpected. Perhaps I'll see about ordering a sim and having it sent to my B&B. A detour to Inverness is not really possible. I had hoped it might be like Italy or France where all the newsstands and tobacco shops have phone items too!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sim card purchase?

As I said there is no need to go into Inverness the retail park is the airport side although my couple of miles was somewhat optimistic. It would take approx 15 minutes to drive there from the Airport.

You might find one of the smaller shops in Nairn does indeed sell SIMs but it appears there aren't any of the larger retail outlets there.

If you are looking to get SIM delivered you might also look at giffgaff who are online only. It really depends what you are intending to use the SIM for as to which offering will be best for you.

5. Re: sim card purchase?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2017, 13:00

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sim card purchase?

A quick update: I wrote to the tourist office in Nairn, and was informed that sim cards are available at Strachans Newsagents on the High St.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,287 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sim card purchase?

Result! Just shows what us experts know!

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sim card purchase?

I'm sure the large Sainsbury's in Nairn would be able to help

Reply to: sim card purchase?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nairn
Recent Conversations