We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury hotel in the highlands

delhi
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury hotel in the highlands

Hi we are a family of 10 adults & 1 kid (4 yrs). We want to spend 6 nights in Scotland in June this year. Slipt equally between Highlands & Edinburgh.

Please suggest good luxury hotel in the Highlands. We are all vegetarians. So need good dining options in/ near the hotel. Good Indian food is added advantage.

Right now we have the option of -

Cameron House on Loch Lomond

The Gleneagles Hotel Perthshire

Please suggest good options in Highlands. Also if we have to choose between the above 2 -which is better in terms of comfort, scenic beauty & food.

Looking forward to your suggestions.. Thank u!

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury hotel in the highlands

Hi

I am a vegetarian and I have got an impression that some luxury UK hotels have often got quite a limited view of vegetarian food, that is very heavy on dairy and light on pulses and other tasty vegetables. I ate at Cameron House just before Christmas and to be honest I did not wish I was staying there. It was a nice if expensive meal but I would not have wanted 6 more days of the same, I haven't eaten at Gleneagles, it may be better, but a vegetarian friend who stayed there for a conference has not rushed back.

Inver lodge hotel at Lochinver does a nice veggie menu and has certainly an amazing view from the lounge.

One thought - have you considered a catered self catering property? There are some stunning and unique options out there, depending on budget. Have a look at Courrour Lodge for example www.courrour.lodge.co.uk

Mentioned in this post
Inver Lodge Hotel
Inver Lodge Hotel
428 Reviews
Lochinver, UK
Lochinver
Lochinver
Caithness and Sutherland, UK
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury hotel in the highlands

Sorry the link should have been http://www.corrourlodge.co.uk/the-lodge

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,608 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury hotel in the highlands

Have a look at Inverlochy castle- stunning hotel in an amazing location. Their dining section indicates they would do a special menu for a group such as yours and with their award winning chefs I'm sure they would cater wonderfully for you. Children are also welcomed (which is not always the case in top hotels here!)

http://www.inverlochycastlehotel.com/

Mentioned in this post
Inverlochy Castle
Inverlochy Castle
158 Reviews
Fort William, UK
delhi
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury hotel in the highlands

Thank you for your suggestions!

We are trying for inverlochy castle - not getting as many rooms as of now. Rocpool in Inverness is also sold out :(

Anything else around inverness or fort william thats nice??

Mentioned in this post
Rocpool Restaurant
Rocpool Restaurant
1,836 Reviews
Inverness, UK
Inverness
Inverness
Scottish Highlands, UK
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,510 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury hotel in the highlands

You need not to double post and close one of these threads. It's confusing for everyone.

delhi
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury hotel in the highlands

ok sorry

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury hotel in the highlands

Other places - Dalmunzie in Glenshee, or The Torridon Hotel, on Loch Torridon.

Mentioned in this post
The Torridon
The Torridon
661 Reviews
Torridon, UK
Torridon
Torridon
Ross and Cromarty, UK
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury hotel in the highlands

ANy decent restaurant in a top hotel should be able to give you a decent vegetarian choice if you discuss menus with them in advance. You need to get past stuffed peppers or toasted goats cheese.

In remote places Indian food is going to be unlikely.

9. Re: Luxury hotel in the highlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:19