We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
80 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

Hi.

I've read that you can get half price on the Prestwick Airport to Glasgow train if you show you booking page. Is this still true? How much is a day return then.

Thanks for your help!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,659 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

Yes you just get on the train and show your flight paperwork to the conductor and get half price rail fares. Can't remember what the exact fare is for a return. Around eight quid off peak i think. You can find the exact amount and the timetable here:

www.nationalrail.co.uk

Edited: 24 July 2010, 19:45
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

Yes, and it's valid beyond Glasgow - to any station in Scotland I think.

Dublin
Level Contributor
80 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

Really? That's great, I was looking for info on the bus to Glasgow but the train seems much better then. I'll do that, thanks for the replies.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,659 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

When you arrive at Prestwick Airport just walk past the check-in desks and take the escalator up. It leads to the covered bridge across the road and directly to the the railway station.

You need to platform on the opposite side for Glasgow. Trains are approx every half hour, and the times are available via the link I gave you. I can only remember the return times from Glasgow which are on the hour and half hour.

Dublin
Level Contributor
80 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

Thanks for the info. I was looking for the best way into the city. It's not the nearest airport but the train service seems to be excellent. Will get it for certain.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

Just to clarify Boblinks answer, that it is valid from/to any station in Scotland but only for that purpose, you cannot for example get the train up to Glasgow then a few days later get half price travel through to Edinburgh.

On reflection compared to some of the far flung airports that wee Mick flies to, then Prestwick is not to bad

Edited: 26 July 2010, 10:00
Dublin
Level Contributor
80 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

I'll just be getting the train into Glasgow and then back to airport. It sounds like a very good deal. If only all airports do it. The price to get in from some like Stansted to London is crazy

8. Re: Half price on the Glasgow Prestwick train with booking page?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 06:17