We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finagans cave

1 post
Finagans cave

I'm going to Oban by train on Wednesday I want to visit finagans cave what's the best way to do this.thanks Richard

7 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
1. Re: Finagans cave

Fingals cave?

Several boat tours run from Oban

Glasgow
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Finagans cave

Is this any help.It's a full day trip though.

http://www.westcoasttours.co.uk/

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
618 posts
118 reviews
3. Re: Finagans cave

I'm not aware that there's any way actually to visit the cave itself (Fingal's Cave, that is). The usual thing is to do the boat tour mentioned above, which (weather permitting) allows you to observe the island (Staffa) and the cave from a distance.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Finagans cave

See the link above.You do visit the Island.

Falkirk District...
Level Contributor
781 posts
460 reviews
5. Re: Finagans cave

If you use West Coast Motors and the boat trip they use you sail to Fingals Cave and view from sea then land on island and spend an hour there. When on island you can walk over the rocks to the mouth of the cave. This winter the actual walkway into the cave was washed away due to storms so not sure if it has been repaired yet. However view from mouth of cave is great.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,603 posts
79 reviews
6. Re: Finagans cave

Turus Mara do a tour to Staffa where Fingals Cave is. I was not possible to enter the cave in May, but great views can be had of it from the boat. You also get time to wander round the island (seas permitting).

It was a great day out, and I believe Turus Mara will meet you from the ferry from Oban, and take you to the boat.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Finagans cave

We were there a few days ago (Thursday) and it was still not really possible to go back into the cave. The walkway was still out, and although you could take a few steps into the cave that was about it. We were on the West Coast Tour.

Reply to: Finagans cave
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oban
Recent Conversations