We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Newton...
Level Contributor
638 posts
NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Hello Scotland travelers and enthusiasts,

Knowing that the Scotland forums get a lot of posts about golf, I wanted to let you know that we created a new Golf Vacations forum after several people requested it. Here's the forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i15987-Golf_Vac…

Any golf lovers out there? We'd love some knowledgeable members to help get the new forum going.

Have a question related to traveling and golf? We'd love to hear from you!

TA_Sara

51. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2017, 19:31
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,888 posts
149 reviews
52. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

The point of my post is, this man can play anywhere in the world and has played so many places around the world. However, he has picked out our local Golf Course as a little gem that he loved playing. This is great publicity for our local area and nothing to do with his money, but everything to do with someone with limitless resources who is giving Cruden Bay a great boost because he found it so good and so beauitful.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
27,259 posts
400 reviews
53. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

How did the trip go Putter?

california
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
54. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Hello! I will be in Scotland in June. I was looking at a number of courses to play and wow, there are some tough choices. I looked at St. Andrews but I am late on planning that so the only way as a single now would be to show up and hope for that day. So I decided to move ahead and try another course or too. So that is where I need your help. The ones that I have been looking at are Royal Dornoch, Carnoustie (I don't know if they will have play in June if the open is there in July), and Cruden Bay. Of those which one would you pick and then is there another that I should think about?

55. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 January 2018, 14:30
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,888 posts
149 reviews
56. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

If you came down the coast at Aberdeenshire. It is possible to play Royal Aberdeen, Trump International and Cruden Bay. My husband also always recommends Newburgh Golf Course which is a links course inbetween The Trump Course and Cruden Bay. Often they will just let you in for 9 holes and it is not expensive.

My husband is a member of Cruden Bay Golf Club, so if you want any information I would be glad to ask him.

It is a lovely course. We often go for lunch. Nice Golf House with fabulous views over the beach across to Slains Castle and down to the North Sea. We had lunch on Sunday and where watching some pheasants running across the course.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,259 posts
400 reviews
57. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Where are you going to be staying?

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,888 posts
149 reviews
58. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Here is an interesting Post in the Scotsman Newspaper today. 9 of Scotland’s most underrated Golf Courses. Amongst them is Newburgh on Ythan. Very handy for Royal Aberdeen, The Trump Course and Cruden Bay.

My husband has played Newburgh many times and always says it is a great course.

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/outdoors/…

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,259 posts
400 reviews
59. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Just a reminder that the golf forum is actually on this link https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i… and this thread is just a reminder of the Golf Forum.