We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

van morrison

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Topic
van morrison

I am considering going to a Van Morrison concert at the Slieve Donard Resort in Newcastle. It is not a concert hall but rather a ballroom. I am from Canada and am wondering if anyone has been to a concert there and if so, were you pleased the venue? I would probably try to stay at the resort as there doesn't seem to be many other places. thank you.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: van morrison

I have had many a happy visitor from the Slieve Donard after a Van dinner concert , In fact the last visitors i picked up after a concert loved it so much they purchased tickets for the next night of a two night run, They could not bare to sit in their room or the bar knowing Van was live next door, They where American and we did a Coney island tour on our way back to Belfast via Hyndford St,

Edited: 08 November 2015, 21:27
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: van morrison

Thanks Bobby W!

San Francisco...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: van morrison

I have been to 4 of the Newcastle dinner shows. If you are a fan of his music, it's a great experience... small venue with maybe 250-350 in attendance. We stayed at an AirBnb in Newcastle, which I recommend, though the hotel where the concert is is by all accounts excellent. If you have time and a car.. or a driver.. I suggest seeing some of the nearby locales from "Coney Island", such as Coney Island beach, St. John's Point, Killough, Ardglass, and even Strangford if you have time. It's a manageable drive of a few hours and very beautiful.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,280 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: van morrison

The ballroom is a fairly large hotel function room. If the rate offered at the Slieve Donard is within your budget then it's a fine hotel will spa facilities. Otherwise there should be other accommodation options right through to hostel or camping. The Burrendale would be the next largest hotel to the Slieve Donard.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,280 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: van morrison

"They could not bare to sit in their room or the bar knowing Van was live next door,"

If they had and had Van come in from next door, might it have brought a smile to his face????

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: van morrison

Excellent, thank you. I am a big fan! We look forward to seeing the areas you mentioned.

7. Re: van morrison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2017, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle
Recent Conversations