We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newcastle / Tollymore - nearby Fry-up breakfasts and pubs

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Newcastle / Tollymore - nearby Fry-up breakfasts and pubs

Hi all,

I'm off with my family for a camping holiday in July to climb the Morne Mountains (staying in Tollymore Park camp site)

A couple of questions...

Can anyone recommend a good pub for food nearby (preferably near to the Tollymore campsite if such a thing exists, or in Newcastle...)? Also, are there any good drinking pubs nearby (we are real ale / craft beer / proper cider / craft alcohol type people)?

And, the most important thing... where would be a good place to get an Ulster Fry for breakfast on a Sunday morning... must contain potato farls, black (and preferably white) pudding, and soda bread, as well as the usual porcine products. Any tips? We're willing to drive a little way... I dream about Ulster Fries - the best breakfast in the world.... Anyway, I digress....!

All help very gratefully received!

Thank you.

Kitty

Mentioned in this post
Newcastle
Newcastle
County Down, UK
11 replies to this topic
co down
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Newcastle / Tollymore - nearby Fry-up breakfasts and pubs

Maybe i am to late with my answer to part of your question... But anyway..

The best place in Newcastle for a traditional cooked breakfast is Seasalt.. Seasalt is a small cafe opposite the promenade here you will get a first class, well cooked breakfast complete with home made potato bread and Clonakilty black pudding and it is not swimming in grease!!

Mentioned in this post
Newcastle
Newcastle
County Down, UK
Reply to: Newcastle / Tollymore - nearby Fry-up breakfasts and pubs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about County Down
Recent Conversations