We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newcastle / Tollymore - nearby Fry-up breakfasts and pubs

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Newcastle / Tollymore - nearby Fry-up breakfasts and pubs

Hi all,

I'm off with my family for a camping holiday in July to climb the Morne Mountains (staying in Tollymore Park camp site)

A couple of questions...

Can anyone recommend a good pub for food nearby (preferably near to the Tollymore campsite if such a thing exists, or in Newcastle...)? Also, are there any good drinking pubs nearby (we are real ale / craft beer / proper cider / craft alcohol type people)?

And, the most important thing... where would be a good place to get an Ulster Fry for breakfast on a Sunday morning... must contain potato farls, black (and preferably white) pudding, and soda bread, as well as the usual porcine products. Any tips? We're willing to drive a little way... I dream about Ulster Fries - the best breakfast in the world.... Anyway, I digress....!

All help very gratefully received!

Thank you.

Kitty

11 replies to this topic
co down
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Newcastle / Tollymore - nearby Fry-up breakfasts and pubs

Maybe i am to late with my answer to part of your question... But anyway..

The best place in Newcastle for a traditional cooked breakfast is Seasalt.. Seasalt is a small cafe opposite the promenade here you will get a first class, well cooked breakfast complete with home made potato bread and Clonakilty black pudding and it is not swimming in grease!!

Reply to: Newcastle / Tollymore - nearby Fry-up breakfasts and pubs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about County Down