We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast central train station. Where is it?

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens
Level Contributor
565 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Belfast central train station. Where is it?

Where is Belfast central train station? I see in googlemaps Belfast Great Victoria street reailway station. Is it the same?

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

Central station is different from Gt Vic St station though they are on the same line. It is a few minutes walk from the city centre on East Bridge St. It is on the other side from Gt Vic St station

Try this link for a location

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=belfast+central+station&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=z0pKSpS_ItrMjAfjpJSCAQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

You will have to cut & paste the link. It must be too long to be a clickable link

Athens
Level Contributor
565 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

Thanks. I booked a ticket from dublin to Belsfast central (i think it was the only option i had) and i was hoping it was great victoria statin as my hotel is very close to this station. Anyway the one you told me is still not very far.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,861 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

Shorter link

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=belfast+central+station

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

Panosath

The train from Dublin does arrive at Central. You can get another train from Central to Gt Vic St in order to get to your hotel. Its only two or three stops. It would be about 15 mins walk between the stations

Athens
Level Contributor
565 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

I don't think i would take another mean of transportation for a distance of 15 mins walking even if i have luggage with me. As i can see at googlemaps it is not very far.

Thank you for your answer.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

Panosath - With respect, I suggest that you do not try to walk with luggage from Central Station to the Great Victoria Street area. 15 minutes is a bit optimistic and there is always the danger of getting lost - and it will probably be raining !!!.

Your better means of transport would be to get a train - they run frequently and only takes 5 minutes. Alternatively there is a bus service round to the City Hall which runs from the station and leaves you very near your destination. There are also taxis which if there are a number of you may even be the cheapest option.

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

I was meaning 15mins walk, generally. Not with luggage. Suppose it depends how much luggage you have

Athens
Level Contributor
565 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

Thank you BelfastTaxman. Two persons with a normal sized suitcase is not much luggage. And i find it a little difficult to get lost. It is just a straight line as i see it in the map. OF course seeing it in the map is very different than being there. Once i arrive at the station i will see my options about buses, trains etc and will decide what to do. Unfortunately i have not much time and i have not searched about transportation in Belfast so i don't know anything about buses and trains. If i can i will search about it one of these days before i depart from Athens. Meanwhile if there is a map with busroutes and trains i would appreciate if someone could give me a link to it.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Belfast central train station. Where is it?

The train from Central to Great Victoria Street will not cost you anything so long as you keep your ticket for the train journey from Dublin. Also the bus will be free outside the train station to the city hall the bus stop is directly outside the train station.