We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ffestiniog Railway

Tenstrike, Minnesota
3 posts
1 review
Ffestiniog Railway
Save

Hello,

Staying in Betws-y-Coed the bank holiday weekend in August. I'm really wanting to do the Ffestiniog Railway and do not have access to a car. Am I able to do this on a Saturday and leave and return to Betws? If so, what is the best way to do it. Please no links to the train tables. Looking for exact path to do a round trip if it's possible.Thanks!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
105,565 posts
441 reviews
362 helpful votes
1. Re: Ffestiniog Railway
Save

Catch bus X19 from Betws y Coed and arrive in Blaenau Festiniog at 1030. Buy your ticket for the Festiniog Railway, have a cup of tea and catch the first train to Porthmadog at 1135. Arrive in Porthmadog at 1245 and return at either 1335 or 1550 (arriving Blaenau at either 1445 or 1700.

Buses will take you back to Betws y Coed at 1625 or 1755. Or there's an Arriva Trains Wales train at 1457 or 1737 if you prefer.

Tenstrike, Minnesota
3 posts
1 review
2. Re: Ffestiniog Railway
Save

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking and hoping for!

3. Re: Ffestiniog Railway

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2019, 09:40
Get answers to your questions about Betws-y-Coed
Recent Conversations
More Betws-y-Coed Topics
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.