We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holyhead Long Term Car Park

Which Holyhead hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Notsowarm
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holyhead Long Term Car Park

Hi, I've been googling around and finding conflicting information about the status of the Holyhead Ferry Terminal long term car park.

In the interests of getting some first hand knowledge this seems like the place to ask.

1: It seems there was at some point two long term car parks but I can only find one on a map.

Can someone please confirm it is still located at the same location as in the link below:

http://goo.gl/maps/Fr6PS

2: Various websites are saying the rates are anything from free to £8.00 per day. I'm hoping someone has been there recently (summer '13), and knows what the current rates are.

Thanks.

Ireland
Level Contributor
548 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holyhead Long Term Car Park

Stena Line are in charge of the port and parking at Holyhead and as such their info section on car parking is the definitive source of info. It's around half way down the page at:

stenaline.ie/ferry/…

Afraid I can't confirm the current car park/s location (always take the train). A few years ago when I walked around the locality I remember a car park at/ near the location on Google maps (remember the stone wall nearby).

Hope this might be of some help.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 18:46
Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holyhead Long Term Car Park

Presuming its for longer than a few days,the port car park is expensive at around £35 per week. Its half a mile away from terminal but a free shuttle bus runs at every sailing. If you were only going for a short time then there is always the free town parking, Its just past the overhead foot bridge on the road that goes to the promenade,but would it be safe? I use it for day trips.

Notsowarm
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Holyhead Long Term Car Park

Thanks for the replies, I was able to find what I hope is confirmation of the location with a map from the Holyhead Port website.

http://tinyurl.com/kwxn45k

And also the rates from the Stena website £7/day or £35/week should be fairly current.

They also offer a pre-pay option but from what I saw it's only for convenience, not economy.

We're looking at leaving a car there for 6 days so the included CCTV/patrolling seems like a fair price.

Thanks again.

Ireland
Level Contributor
548 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holyhead Long Term Car Park

glad the info was of help and have an enjoyable trip

5. Re: Holyhead Long Term Car Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 02:15