We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Windsor

k j
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
35 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Windsor

I am confused about which are the safe places to park in Windsor. I have read many warnings about clamping and other problems. I've also read that parking may be hard to find. Can anyone direct me? We would like to visit Windsor Castle on a Friday morning. It will be a day that the changing of the guard is happening.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,043 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Windsor

Here is everything you need to know about parking in Windsor. Personally, I prefer the Edward VII car park, which is never full. Make sure you pay for the maximum amount of time. You always seem to use it up....

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186419-c132451/Winds…

Click on the link in the article to be taken to a map of Windsor. If you click on the name of the car park underneath the picture, it will take you to a more detailed view of where that lot is, and the prices.

Good luck!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Windsor

There are a lot of car parks around and they do start filling up quickly especially on Fridays and weekends. I've parked at King Edward Court and found the spaces very tight. Alma Road is a large car park and is about 10 minutes on foot to the castle. But there is also parking along the river and if you get there early you can bag one of those spaces. I have also parked at the main privately owned car park in the centre and never had any problems. There is also a car park opposite this one (which I think is not privately owned and only 2 minutes to the castle).

So in a nutshell get there early and you'll be fine.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Windsor

hi

parks are found everywhere, yet i prefer the Edward VII car park, which is never full.

Don't worry

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,043 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Windsor

@ OP--please don't confuse the King Edward Court parking with the King Edward VII car park. The first is a parking garage, which, as peppermint says, has *very* tight spaces. I hate parking there.

The latter is a large open air car park across from the Home park. It's a short but pleasant walk to the Castle.

Edited: 09 March 2012, 19:42
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,344 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Windsor

I usually park in the King Edward Court but as others have pointed out the spaces can be very tight. If you park there be sure to keep the ticket you receive on entry since you pay when you exit.

Enjoy your stay in Windsor.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in Windsor

Parking is not that hard, but can be expensive short term....I got a day ticket cost ten pounds, then used the buses around the city.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking in Windsor

The car parks linked with the shopping centre may be a good deal but floor numbering is a little confusing.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,043 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking in Windsor

The car park in the shopping center will cost far more than the Edward VII car park.

There is really no need to take buses anywhere in Windsor; Windsor and Eton are all accessible by foot.

The bright red tour bus gets consistently poor reviews, and is overpriced for where it goes.

9. Re: Parking in Windsor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 March 2012, 16:05
Edited: 17 March 2012, 16:05
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,344 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking in Windsor

It is hardly worth waiting for a bus to go anywhere in Windsor since it is a small town. Indeed, as mentioned by LauraRW it is accessible on foot.

Get answers to your questions about Windsor