We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autumn 2017 School Holidays

Virginia
Level Contributor
684 posts
37 reviews
Autumn 2017 School Holidays

We are contemplating a week long visit to Wiltshire & the surrounding area in Oct 2017. We plan to base ourselves in Salisbury & visit Stonehenge, Old Sarum, Portsmouth Naval Museum & HMS Mary Rose, Winchester Cathedral, of course Salisbury and anyplace else which might strike our fancy. We would likely check into our lodging on Tuesday, October 10.

I checked the 2017 school holiday calendar & it says the holiday week is Oct 16-23 but in many areas it is Oct 23 -27. I have 2 questions. How do I know which holiday week will be in effect in the areas we plan to travel? How much of an impact will school vacations have on the places we plan to visit? Will we see huge crowds? Since our current plan is to check in on Oct 10 we would arrive before the holiday period starts and overlap only some days.

Thanks so much for your help.

11. Re: Autumn 2017 School Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2017, 05:15