We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling from Stonehenge to Heathrow

Atlanta
Level Contributor
86 posts
42 reviews
traveling from Stonehenge to Heathrow

Need suggestions to help plan sightseeing on a Sunday between an early morning visit to Stonehenge and returning the rental car at Heathrow in the afternoon.

Open to sightseeing, walks, outdoor activities.

Thanks!

england
Level Contributor
6,689 posts
129 reviews
11. Re: traveling from Stonehenge to Heathrow

Wimbledon is still city life.

The obvious places are Avebury and Windsor but if you like gardens you could take the opportunity to visit Wisley. https://www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/wisley

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
60 reviews
12. Re: traveling from Stonehenge to Heathrow

I know you can see the white horse because I can see it

never took the time to think which one it was but if it is the one at alton barns then I can see even further than I belived

thinking about it it must be the over towards the old cat pub closed now I belive

I have lived in bulford for over 40 years don't go up on the downs and ranges as much as I once did but still from the round borrow at the top of the becon ridge you can see along way

can see upavon airfield so yes must be the other white horse

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
60 reviews
13. Re: traveling from Stonehenge to Heathrow

pm what yeasr were you in bulford and did you use the rose and crown

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,311 posts
440 reviews
14. Re: traveling from Stonehenge to Heathrow

<< in bulford and did you use the rose and crown>>

1997-2000 and I went in a couple of times and back on the odd time since. (Bizarrely I drove past it about 90 minutes ago, first time in months I'd used that road!)

My uncle, now sadly departed, used it in 1943 when he was stationed there, it has been updated since; pleasant, unassuming pub.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
285 reviews
15. Re: traveling from Stonehenge to Heathrow

I remember going in the Rose and Crown when I was 13 (looking like 21) and trying to order a pint of bitter. Forgotten all about it until this conversation.

Back to the question, if you are interested in Jane Austen then her house is en-route: visitwinchester.co.uk/…tabs3

Atlanta
Level Contributor
86 posts
42 reviews
16. Re: traveling from Stonehenge to Heathrow

Thank you!

17. Re: traveling from Stonehenge to Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2018, 05:16