We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi transfer from Heathrow

Canberra
Level Contributor
665 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi transfer from Heathrow

Firstly thanks for your input.

I know we can catch the train, take the National Express bus, but both of these options do not work for us. So we are looking at a fixed price taxi transfer.

Our flight is 'supposed' to land at 6.00pm Terminal 2. I know we can book a taxi transfer for approximately 100 pounds which is OK by us.

But: What happens if our flight is delayed? I can book the taxi for approximately 7.30pm-8.00pm but as you know flights can be delayed for 2+ hours. We are also flying Asiana Airlines, they are known to be late.

Also if you can give me a preferred company - I have tried the link to ethical taxi and it goes to a shopping website.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

There are London companies such as www.parkercars.co.uk or www.blackberrycars.com

From this end of the world, and living 20 miles out of Salisbury, I mention as a possibility http://www.marlboroughairportcars.co.uk who I have used and endorse. There are Salisbury companies such as www.valueairporttransfers.co.uk/airport.htm but I have not used them.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Salisbury
Salisbury
Wiltshire, UK
Canberra
Level Contributor
665 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

Thanks for the super prompt response.

I will try your recommendations. Reading a few reviews, some companies are -no shows. We really don't want that to happen on arrival after a long flight.

I have a quote from British Airport Transfers www.airportcars.co.ku but would like to know if they are reliable. They quoted 94 pounds which is acceptable to us.

Have you heard of them? Thanks again.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

These people??

https:/…37630846

Blackberry Cars have a good reputation on this forum.

Edited: 06 March 2017, 22:49
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

I don't normaly book a taxi from the airport I get a return to the airport and back but I would think that it would work the same you give them your flight number then they know if there is a delay then you phone them from baggage collection then they know you are here and they know about how long it will take you to get out to them I used value cars of Salisbury seemed ok got me there and back

Mentioned in this post
Salisbury
Salisbury
Wiltshire, UK
Canberra
Level Contributor
665 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

Many thanks for all the responses and apologies for my late reply - been working.

I have sent requests for quotes to some of the suggested companies and have received a range from 94 - 120 pounds. The higher range is from Blackberry Cabs, their reviews are mostly very good.

Also it has been suggested that I try All The Sevens a local Salisbury taxi company who also do airport transfers.

Any comments on All The Sevens?

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Salisbury
Salisbury
Wiltshire, UK
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

all the sevens are a Salisbury company never used them myself never heard and complants about them they advertise on the local radio most taxi firms are much the same its only the price that can be different

one thing about using a Salisbury firm is they the driver should know Salisbury and know just where you want to go and can tell you places to see in Salisbury

Mentioned in this post
Salisbury
Salisbury
Wiltshire, UK
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

Agree with comments about using a local company. They usually check the arrival boards online to check for delays and avoid unnecessary waiting for all concerned. Possibly spiretravel.co.uk/airport-taxi-from-salisbur… . I assume they take bookings either direction.

8. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 March 2017, 09:05
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
11,523 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

#8 reported as advertising.

Canberra
Level Contributor
665 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi transfer from Heathrow

Hi Everyone, many thanks for all your comments.

As feedback, the general price is 120 pounds for a meet & greet and transfer to Salisbury. This price is from two London based firms and one Salisbury based firm.

A cheaper quote is 94 pounds by British Airport Transfer.

Any comments on the difference in price?

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Salisbury
Salisbury
Wiltshire, UK
London
London
England, UK