We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citybase apartments

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Citybase apartments

Has anybody heard of this company or used them. My son has found an excellent deal with them, but on any other accomodation site the apts he is looking at are over £200 more expensive. This makes me slightly wary, he thinks he has found a bargain. I'm not so sure!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Citybase apartments

Is this a lease rental or a short stay?

Anything with a .com suffix is suspicious.

We have personal knowledge of student lettings scams and the local landlords in this city.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Citybase apartments

It's a one night stay on new years eve.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Citybase apartments

No bargains on New Year's Eve and the .com warning stands.

Money transfers to outside UK.

A one night stay in an apartment/flat would be so unusual because it is not profitable to service the accommodation/facility. Even more so at peak Christmas/NYE.

What more can we add except the high risk is his/yours?

Personally, we would avoid and try hotels again.

www.laterooms.com/en/Hotels.aspx…

Regards

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,238 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Citybase apartments

Never heard of them before. Just had a look at their website, some of the apartments advertised in Leeds are private residense apartments - not sure if these are privately owned and let out through City Apartments.

Residence 6 apartments are also advertised, although you can deal directly with them - see if you can get a cheaper quote direct with them.

As for it being £200 more expensive for one night, to me although it is NYE it does seem quite a lot. Have you not looked at booking a hotel. How many are in your party?

http://www.residencesix.com/

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Citybase apartments

It's the Entrada apts. They were looking at a two bedroom apt for four people. The address for the company seems to check out, but the drastic difference in the price to every other website sets off alarm bells to me.

6. Re: Citybase apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 December 2011, 13:35
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Citybase apartments

Thanks everyone for all your replies. We have contacted the hotel direct and they do use this company, but say that there is no way it will be the price that they have advertised it for.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Citybase apartments

Is that good news or bad news?

9. Re: Citybase apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 December 2011, 13:35
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Citybase apartments

It's bad news for my son, as he thought he had found a bargain. He would of tried to book with citybase to be told that the price was over double the advertised price, so wouldn't of booked it anyway. Whats the point in advertising at a price that is nowhere near the actuall price. I can understand prices differing a little, but £200 seems a little extreme. They have now booked a different hotel as there budget didn't stretch to the correct price......but at least we know that citybase are a legit company. If they displayed a truer price it would stop people thinking they had found a bargain that was too good to be true and wondering WHY the price was too good to be true, which is what happened in this instance.

Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations