We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What a lovely friendly city!

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
What a lovely friendly city!

I don't know where to write a review of a city but if fellow travellers want advice about cities to visit then I can recommend Brum! I hadn't been there for years but have just come back and can't speak highly enough of the welcome and friendliness of this city. Everyone, without exception, from hotel staff to people on the street who noticed our accents and tourist giveaway(holding A-Z of streets) made a real effort to help us and engage in conversation. Bus drivers were great, taxi drivers gave their usual invaluable insight into city life and we loved it. Diolch Birmingham, I don't care if this is not the right place to post this but have a very Happy New Year all you Brummies (and adopted ones!) To overseas tourists, put this city on your itinerary!

KB

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What a lovely friendly city!

As a nana walking around Birmingham city streets, and by the canal at night with my daughter and granddaughter, i felt safer than walking, around London at night .

As said before, you use common sense, as you should do in any city in the world.

We loved Birmingham, and looking forward for an excuse to return,

Have a great time,its a lovely City,

Regards Denise ;-)

Dubai, Dubai...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: What a lovely friendly city!

Wow Daisy ! Yes your prediction is correct i am from Dubai, Thanks for your advice i will try to keep credit card instead of cash while moving around in Birmingham..:-)

england
Level Contributor
214 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What a lovely friendly city!

You are so kind to say that!

14. Re: What a lovely friendly city!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2013, 10:16