We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare Newcastle Airport to Sunderland

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Taxi Fare Newcastle Airport to Sunderland

I will be arriving Newcastle airport on a Sunday night and part of the metro will be closed for engineering work. I don't fancy having to take rail/bus combinations so taxi may be the way to go. Can anyone advise the likely fare from the airport to Sunderland city centre?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,605 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Taxi Fare Newcastle Airport to Sunderland

The official airport taxis do a fixed fare from Sunderland for 32 GBP. they do say that those prices are not applicable from the rank but you can always give them a call for a quote or call a local firm in Sunderland.

www.airport-taxis.co.uk/index.php…

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,630 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Taxi Fare Newcastle Airport to Sunderland

Hi,

No idea, but an airport taxi from the Airport into town was around £17 or £18 last time I took one a couple of years ago, and I would guess its around 3 times as far.

If you do take a taxi it would be cheaper to call a private hire company such as Blueline or 5 Star to meet you at the airport (They are around £11 to £12 into town, but they may do you a fixed price transfer instead of being on the meter)

Edit: Oops! beaten to it ツ

Edited: 25 September 2011, 08:03
3. Re: Taxi Fare Newcastle Airport to Sunderland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne
Recent Conversations