We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in england

2 posts
5 days in england

hello, fellow travelers, i need a cheap 5 day walk in england,between oxford and Inverness,

I am walking the Cotswold way, then a week later, the great glen way, but i have a week in between

thanks

3 replies to this topic
Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: 5 days in england

Look at the sections for Northern England and Scotland on here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_long…

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
625 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: 5 days in england

There are several coast to coast routes across Northern England (the narrowest part), mainly starting in Cumbria and ending in North Yorkshire / Durham / Tyne & Wear or Northumberland.

Durham
Level Contributor
199 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: 5 days in england

Depends on miles you cover I guess. The Hadrians Wall one could be done, but the middle is a bit up and downy. So if it looks a bit far, knock off the Bowness to Carlisle bit which is flat and dull. I'd retain the Heddon-Newcastle bit as Newcastle is interesting, but that section of walk is industrial and a bit grim (and they detour you off all the time).

The top end of the Teesdale Way? Or mix in around there with part of the Pennine Way?

Personally I'd plonk myself in the Lake District and just research five different walks to do.

Reply to: 5 days in england
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne