We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in central Newcastle June 2018

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
87 reviews
Save Topic
One day in central Newcastle June 2018

I'm arriving early morning to attend an evening concert in city hall leaving lunch time next day. I've never been to Newcastle. Any recommendations of places to see on foot, restaurants etc to get a flavour of Newcastle?

2 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
64,718 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in central Newcastle June 2018

There are so many things we've done on various trips to Newcastle Upon Tyne. maybe some will be of interest to you?

We've enjoyed the market and just walking around the Grey St, Eldon Square, and Grainger St areas. We've visited the historical Bessie Surtees house down on the Quayside. We've taken a trip to Norht Shields on the Metro, crossed the Tyne by ferry and returned from South Shields. We've gone and had a look at St James's Park. We've crossed the river to Gateshead and spent some time at the Baltic Centre for contemporary art. I'm sure there are other things we haven't done as well!

Food wise, we have enjoyed light meals, breakfasts and lunches at Blake's on Grey Street and Cafe Royal on Nelson St. Sadly, some of the places where we've enjoyed dinner in the past appear to have vanished now.

Mentioned in this post
The Metro
The Metro
11 Reviews
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
South Shields
South Shields
Tyne and Wear, UK
Gateshead
Gateshead
Tyne and Wear, UK
Grey Street
Grey Street
1,067 Reviews
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Cafe Royal
Cafe Royal
446 Reviews
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
newcastle,uk
Level Contributor
177 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in central Newcastle June 2018

I don’t know when I June you are coming but the festival of the north’s starts 22nd June until September . Lots of street entertainment, exhibitions etc .

Reply to: One day in central Newcastle June 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne