We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thermae Baths while pregnant.

Tullamore
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Thermae Baths while pregnant.

Is it possible to use these baths while pregnant or is it not advised?

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question just that i know Jaquzzis and hot tubs are not dvised.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,733 Reviews
from US$122.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,271 Reviews
from US$125.00*
Best Seller
Stonehenge and Bath Day Trip from...
561 Reviews
from US$85.10*
Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Thermae Baths while pregnant.

Hi

Not that I chose to use the baths when pregnant, but here is a link to suitable treatments:

thermaebathspa.com/treatments/…

I would also double-check the suitability of the main facilities by using the contact details.

I would hate it if we gave you duff advice on this website, but I suspect you are probably able to use both the indoor and outdoor pools as you wish after 3 months gestation (but use common sense).

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Thermae Baths while pregnant.

I think you'd be OK with the main pools but I wouldn't recommend the steam rooms ... they are very hot and the strong fragrances they use may make you nauseous.

I've had the Watsu treatment (not while pregnant ... far too old for that!!) and it is fantastic. Like gently drowning in a safe and utterly relaxing way. The treatment is carried out in a little private pool with a beautiful Georgian glazed roof.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,839 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Thermae Baths while pregnant.

This is a question for your doctor, not tripadvisor.

You might also contact the Thermae, but make sure any advice they give you has come from the medical profession.

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Thermae Baths while pregnant.

I went when 30 weeks pregnant and found I couldn't use the steam rooms or jacuzzi - I did use the open air pool, indoor pool and foot spas though

5. Re: Thermae Baths while pregnant.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 10:31
Get answers to your questions about Bath