We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Bath?

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Bath?

We are a couple with a 2.5yr old visiting in March. We will take the train in from London and need a location close to everything- walking distance. Should I be looking at accomodation in 'central bath?'. any other neighbourhoods to look at? I see some nice places in Somerset that say '8mins walk to bath center'... is that right?

we prefer a guesthouse, b&b or hotel wtih bfast included. something wtih a restaurant (serving dinner) will be perfect. budget of 90/100euros max. suggestions welcome.

Edited: 06 February 2012, 08:27
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Bath?

If it says 8 mins walk then that should be right, but we need names of such places before we can comment accurately.

Bath has loads of places to eat, so don't worry too much about evening meal.

As you don't have a car, somewhere like this will suit you fine, the Circus is 3 mins walk away:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186370-d6449…

I ahve to decalre an interest,as Archie and I occasionally share a drink, but they are a smashing couple who will look after the 3 of you.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,763 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Bath?

The OP says they have a 2 and a half year old; so, assuming they will have the kid in a pram, or maybe the child will be walking, plus luggage - an 8 minute walk (I love that "8mins walk to bath center" bit !) will probably get the OP to Bog Island if they walk along Manvers Street, or to the bottom of Stall Street if they walk through the Southgate shopping centre !

So getting up to Lansdown Road and its lovely steep incline will be fun !

Sorry to be pedantic ;-)

Edited: 06 February 2012, 11:52
Bucks County...
Level Contributor
98 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Bath?

The Hilton Bath City is right in town, good breakfast, and walk to everything.

Not sure it will meet your price requirement? Maybe try getting a deal?

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Bath?

Thanks everyone!

Romancitizen, that b&b looks nice but its up a slope. something we avoid with a pram and luggage.

Khiori, nice hotel but way above my price range!

matt, good point. the less we need to walk (pref not up slope), the better.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Bath?

looking at the prices on the hotels/B&Bs in Bath, we might only be able to afford 1 nights stay. Some of the priciest accomodations I have come across in all my travel across Eu.

Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Bath?

We stayed at Appletree Guesthouse last summer. It's about a 10 minute walk from the train station. The owners are a very nice young couple. They had a preschooler, and as the owner was quite pregnant last summer, they should have a new baby. The house is on a quite street off a busy street. At the far end of the street, just 1-2 minute walk from the house, is a lovely path along the canal. It's a nice place for a family to stay. I think the family room was 140 pounds.

The breakfast was great, but they don't serve dinner. But a couple blocks up the street was a pub with a nice outdoor patio area. There food was good.

Edited: 08 February 2012, 04:02
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Bath?

thanks. I will look it up.

8. Re: Where to stay in Bath?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 May 2012, 01:05
9. Re: Where to stay in Bath?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2013, 10:19