We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi York to Manchester airport.

7 posts
Taxi York to Manchester airport.

I am planning to go to York in October and will need a taxi from york to Manchester airport.Can anyone recommend a taxi company?

Do you have any idea how much it will cost?

Thanks

Edited: 09 August 2018, 15:15
18 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

A lot. Why not go by train.? There is a regular direct service from York to Msnchester Airport and the train station is within the airport complex. Couldn’t be easier

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,253 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

If you google "york manchester airport taxi transfer" standard rates seem to be around £100-£120 for a 5 seater (4 passenger) car which is less than I expected! I can't recommend a particular company but it gives you an idea of price.

7 posts
3. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

Thanks for the reply.I had looked up the price for trains for 3 people and it came to about 100 pounds.So I decided it might be worth taking a taxi.

7 posts
4. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

Thanks for the trouble you took.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,253 posts
57 reviews
5. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

There's advance single fares from £12.90 from York to Manchester Airport in October. Did you look for a date too soon for advance tickets to be on sale? Note that you must travel on the train you book if you select an advance ticket. www.nationalrail.co.uk

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
54 reviews
6. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

Ditto post #5. Train for the three of you could be significantly cheaper than taxi; all depends on the detail and when you initially researched train costings.

Exactly which date in Oct is this journey, and what time does your plane depart from MAN ?

And is your York accommodation near the station or do you have to factor in transfer from accommodation to York Station ?

Edited: 09 August 2018, 19:12
7 posts
7. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

Thank you for your help.We are travelling on the 21.10.We would need to leave York at about 1pm.

The place we are staying in is within walking distance to the train station.We are 2 adults and a nine year old child and whenever I look at the prices for train tickets they are about 100 pounds.Maybe if I wait they might get cheaper.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,253 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

I've been on the live chat on the TPExpress website who operate this route and they tell me that advance tickets should be on sale by now but are currently unavailable. they seem to be available for any day in October except Sundays! She can't find a reason why on the system but agrees that only the "anytime" tickets are showing as an option. It could be that they're awaiting confirmation of engineering works, in which case I'd be reluctant to book one as it often involves a coach transfer and for that price you might as well book the taxi.

7 posts
9. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

Thank you very much,you have been very helpful.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,324 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Taxi York to Manchester airport.

We've traveled by the railway from York to MAN, just 10 days ago. It was fantastic in every way. First Class table seating cost us, a family of 2 adults and 2 children, just £41. Google Transpennine Express, and book with them in advance.

Yuri.

Reply to: Taxi York to Manchester airport.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted