We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castle Howard after Christmas

Ireland
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Castle Howard after Christmas

Have been toYork three times on a pre christmas break but unfortunately never got to visit Castle Howard in all its seasonal glory. This year we left it too late and accommodation is all but booked up at this stage. I’m wondering if we went around 28th onwards would house be open to public and would we still be able to see it decorated. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Castle Howard
Castle Howard
2,853 Reviews
York, UK
3 replies to this topic
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castle Howard after Christmas

I think the house being "dressed" is only on for a very short period of time

Christmas House & Gardens

Experience Castle Howard's grand interiors dressed for Christmas; an unforgettable start to the festive season. The house is open for Christmas from 18 November to 23 December, the house opens at 10am with last entry at 3pm on weekdays and 4pm on weekends.

North York Moors...
Level Contributor
256 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castle Howard after Christmas

Just for confirmation the above is correct. The last decoration day is 23rd Dec this year. Do try and get to it another year - it is quite fantastic. I'm not sure about the general opening days during the Christmas period - best give them a ring to check.

Ireland
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castle Howard after Christmas

That’s such a pity. Guess we will have to wait another year. Might go after Xmas anyway.

Reply to: Castle Howard after Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted