We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting York city 29-30.12.17

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Visiting York city 29-30.12.17

Hi, i will be visiting york city with my mom. We still consider neither to stay 2 night in York or Leeds? Which place have activities during evening - night? Since during winter, day light will be shorts.

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
449 reviews
1. Re: Visiting York city 29-30.12.17

I’d pick York every time, a lovely place.

Someone recently posted a link to ‘things to do in York over Christmas’ https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186…

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
1 review
2. Re: Visiting York city 29-30.12.17

Definitely York. It is all set up for visitors, with lots to see and do. The pedestrianised city centre is nice to walk around, especially lit up at night. There may be some interesting things to do in Leeds, but it is not such a nice place just to "be" as York.

The only reason to stay in Leeds would be if hotels are too expensive or booked up in York. There is a good train and bus service between the two cities.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,835 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Visiting York city 29-30.12.17

York is well worth you time if just for the railway museum ----it is very interesting and free ¬

4. Re: Visiting York city 29-30.12.17

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: yesterday, 05:16