We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
37 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Can someone please tell me how to get from London to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch by public transport and the approximate travel time. I can't find anything useful on the internet so any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

21. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2012, 18:35
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
53,593 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Paging Glyn1; where are you, bach?

Tis the season for Welsh cakes, warm with butter. Mmmm.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
154 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Sadly I agree that it is not one of the seven wonders of Wales looks wise however, clearly though it is a view our visitor from Melbourne is interest in!

So if you find yourself at Llanfair PG ( yes it is actually known locally as that)

Look at the sign but walk 20 minutes up the road and go up the Marquess of Anglesey Column. Just take in the view of the Menia and mountains in the distance.

For another angle on Llanfair try searching for James Pringle Woolen Mills there store stands a few hundred yards from the small station and lengthy sign, infact I don't think the carpark is full of visitors to the station but more Pringles and its cafe etc. It aslo houses the local tourist office so hope this

helps.

Jay

Tourist Information Centre:

Station Site

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll

LL61 5UJ

Telephone: 01248 713177

24. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

25. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

26. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

27. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Edited: 13 December 2012, 18:35
Melbourne
Level Contributor
37 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Love it. Thank you. Will be bragging on FB for sure. :-)

ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

I seem to remember as a boy on a school trip going to Llanfair on a steam train must be 35 years ago or a bit more,I wonder does this train still run? Probably was just a tourist thing,the train journey was more memorable than Llanfair to me,I was only about 11 or something and just about remember the station sign and stopping there for a couple of hours.

ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Well to answer my own question,the narrow gauge steam train runs between Welshpool mostly in the summer months,a 16 mile return journey,at £12.50 for an adult.they have a site.