We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with Easter Sunday arrival in London w public transport

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
help with Easter Sunday arrival in London w public transport

I arrive at Stansted airport at 9.40pm Easter Saturday and need to be in Ealing London at 9.00am on Easter Sunday. Due to my late arrival on Saturday night I intended to stay at hotel at airport and catch easy bus into London early next morning to Baker St and then tube to Ealing Broadway but now realizing it is Easter Sunday I am not sure what the train schedule would be like. I am thinking I should get into London central late Saturday night as close as I can to Ealing Broadway. Does anyone know of budget hotel around this area around 100£ maximum $150AUD. Does anyone know what the train schedule will be like on Easter Sunday, running as normal or skeleton timetable. Hope someone could help

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: help with Easter Sunday arrival in London w public transport

There will be a normal Sunday timetable on Easter Sunday.

Due to engineering work, there will be no service on the District Line to Ealing Broadway over the whole of the Easter Weekend, but you will be able to catch the Central Line instead.

tfl.gov.uk/assets/…track-closures.pdf

You could stay in Central London on Saturday night and get the tube out to Ealing Broadway on Sunday morning. Services start running at about 7am, so you will be able to get there for 9am.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,003 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with Easter Sunday arrival in London w public transport

You can make it from Baker Street to Ealing Broadway on Easter Sunday. The only issue is that one available route won't be available; the District line.

But you can still get there by Jubilee line one stop south to Bond Street, then Central line direct to Ealing Broadway.

Overall you should be fine.

tfl.gov.uk/assets/…track-closures.pdf

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with Easter Sunday arrival in London w public transport

I put your locations and dates and times into www.tfl.gov.uk and it brought up services for Easter Day.

Tried on Easter Eve and it also gives various options - although I'd probably not choose the one that suggests 1 rail trip, 3 tube changes, walking and another rail trip! (there are simpler routes ;) )

My own instinct would be to do the travel on the Saturday - airport hotels aren't awfully near the airports, in my experience, and expensive to boot.

London
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with Easter Sunday arrival in London w public transport

I suspect your plan is aimed at lowering stress and hassle, but actually I think it adds complication. My instinct would be to head into London on arrival (Saturday evening).

At STN, most hotels are a shuttle bus ride away from the airport, which just adds time and hassle. Only the Radisson hotel is actually at the airport. Rather than faff around with hotel shuttle buses, I would just head into London on arrival. The railway station is beneath the terminal, trains will be running up to midnight.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,323 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help with Easter Sunday arrival in London w public transport

If you want to stay in Ealing, there's a Ramada down by the Common.

6. Re: help with Easter Sunday arrival in London w public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:42