We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling by tube, suspended

Prague
7 posts
Save Topic
Travelling by tube, suspended

Hi,

I'm a first time traveller to London and rather nervous about everything. Long story short, I want to travel from Heathrow Terminal 3 to King Cross st Pancreas. Should be easy, right? There is no need to change lines and the price is okay... But: I'm travelling on Sunday. Now, that's a trouble. I know some lines get suspended, so I planned the travel via http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk and that's when the surprise came (...at least for me?). Although the Piccadilly Line isn't suspended, I still get a warning about engineering works that are taking place on Victoria line. Now, what does that mean for me? I don't plan on taking the Victoria line (I don't have to, right? Since I'm travelling from Terminal 3 to King Cross...), so why do I get the warning? Would I really need to take the rail replacement buses? If so, could someone please explain to me how do they work?

Thank you for reading, I'm sorry for making this post so long and confusing. Must be the nervousness...

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling by tube, suspended

You're right - you are not travelling on the Victoria line and don't need to worry about the suspension of service. The Piccadilly line is operating as normal on Sunday. Relax and look forward to your trip!

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling by tube, suspended

You have done the right thing checking on journey planner. If there are no engineering works on the Piccadilly line you will be fine - the Victoria line details are just for info in case you plan to change to it at Kings Cross.

Prague
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling by tube, suspended

Wow, such quick replies! Thank both of you very much! I'm calmed down now, thank you :) haha, I'm really glad there are no problems... thanks once again.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling by tube, suspended

Here is a very frequently updated PDF listing the planned engineering works on the tube. It's very unlikely that they will add any new works between now and your day of arrival, but it's good to check just in case.

tfl.gov.uk/assets/…track-closures.pdf

All the ones currently listed for the Piccadilly line (those that mention Uxbridge, Rayners Lane and Wood Green) affect different sections of the line, and *not* the Heathrow section. If one appears that mentions Heathrow or Northfields, that's the time to come back.

5. Re: Travelling by tube, suspended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 10:17