We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Is London theater "dark" on mondays as NYC theater is? Trying to figure out what day to "shoot" for standing in line early at TKTS. Saturday a bad choice and weekdays a better chance? Our only weekday is a Monday, so that's why I ask.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

No it's not. Mon should be a good day to get last minute tickets.

Alta, Norway
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

"Is London theater "dark" on mondays as NYC theater is?"

No. Most shows don't have Sunday performances.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,989 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Most are open on Mondays, but dark on Sundays. Occasionally these days you get a Sunday performance ( and not a Monday one) but it is still rare.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Very glad I asked! Monday will be our TKTS attempt then!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
766 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Beth395, I am not sure when you are coming to London, but keep an eye on this page at officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tkts/…

They post what is on sale each day at tkts, so you can see what comes up regularly on a Monday and it will give you some idea of choice.

FYI: There are a couple of musicals closing over the next few months though - Crazy For You closes mid-March, and Legally Blonde closes mid April. But as those close others (such as Singin in the Rain) open. The site is also good for keeping you informed of what's on offer genereally.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,260 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Monday is probably the best day of the week for a bargain. And do follow the very good advice from RB.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Excellent! Monday will be it. I will keep an eye out for what will be playing (April 30th it will be).

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Can I point out that the Leicester Square ticket booth ONLY has tickets for Leicester Square theatres - which may be stating the obvious.

As a theatre going London it's somewhere that I rarely use - in my last three or four theatre visits I've been to what I suppose would be the equivalent of an off-Broadway theatres (i.e. the Royal Court and The Menier), the National Theatre (which has its own discount scheme), a pub theatre (the Tabard in Chiswick) and a beautiful theatre in the suburbs (the Richmond theatre), finally paying full price to see One Man Two Guvnors (for the 2nd time).

The point that I'm trying to make is that only looking at the Leicester Square ticket booth will mean that you overlook things that may be better - and an "off-Broadway" theatre such as The Tricycle will have full price tickets that are cheaper than the discounted tickets in L Square.

So keep an eye on the Time Out/London website to see what else is playing in London on 30 April.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Thanks for reminding of the other options. Will check timeout as it gets closer!

Alta, Norway
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: London Musical Theater - on a Monday?

Or here:

http://offwestend.com/

http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?pg=215