We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DLR during tube strike

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,539 posts
18 reviews
DLR during tube strike

Just trying to think ahead for the upcoming tube strike beginning on Sunday, October 3.

Does anyone remember if the DLR was working OK last time? I ask because I need to be at the O2 on that date. If I can take the DLR then I'm OK, otherwise it'll have to be bus from Waterloo and then I'll have to figure out how much time to allow for the journey.

Thanks.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,728 Reviews
from US$123.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,269 Reviews
from US$126.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
763 Reviews
from US$103.30*
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,539 posts
18 reviews
11. Re: DLR during tube strike

Greenwich Nick - Thanks for pointing out that the DLR doesn't actually go to the O2. Good thing I've got time to adjust my planning - probably bus from Waterloo will do it. Gotta admit, its not an area of town I get out to that much.

TravelBug102 - Yep, have just mortgaged soul to get ticket for Les Mis. 25th anniversary concert.

If you want to see it, are you aware that it is showing live at various Odeon cinemas and beamed through the world to various countries.

lesmis.com/news/les-miz-hits-the-big-screen-…

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
12. Re: DLR during tube strike

> bus from Waterloo <

Train from Waterloo East to Charlton and 486 bus from there is probably best.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,539 posts
18 reviews
13. Re: DLR during tube strike

Thank you.

14. Re: DLR during tube strike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2011, 05:17