We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report-London & Windsor

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report-London & Windsor

I had a GREAT week, stayed at the Hilton Metropole while in London, it was fine, as expected. Modern, clean, nice Hilton hotel, tons of business people there, perfect location near Paddington. I ended up traveling by myself and as a single lady I felt very safe there. The room was clean, reasonably roomy, flat screen TV, pretty comfortable bed.

I met dear friends in London, toured parliament and had the amazing opportunity to climb to the top of the tower to the Big Ben, I was up by the bell when it chimed high noon last week, THAT was COOL!!! We then checked out Covent Gardens and Harrods, perfect afternoon.

The next day I had a two hour private horseback ride in Hyde Park through Hyde Park Stables, FABULOUS!! My guide knew the history of the park, she showed me everything and we had a wonderful chat, Rotten Row is the best place to ride, wow. The roses were still blooming, the swans were out, what a great way to see Hyde Park. And I had a very nice horse, obviously used to traffic and noise. The rest of the day I strolled Baker/Oxford streets

Onto Windsor to meet more friends, we all stayed at the Hart & Garter there, I submitted my review. Windsor was a lovely change-of-pace after London, I toured the Castle,and enjoyed strolling around. It was such an easy train-ride from Paddington, only about a half an hour.

I miss it already, I have to find a way to return!

Buckingham Palace
Castles, Historic Sites, Gardens, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
918 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report-London & Windsor

Thanks for that report! You were a week behind me and you've already reported, while I have not.

Riding Rotten Row - that does sound wonderful. Glad you had fun.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report-London & Windsor

Oh, yeah, while in Windsor our group of over 20 people per night dined at Bella Italia one night, the George Inn in Eton the next night. Both meals were very good, although it was a bit tough juggling our large groups. I thought the George Inn was particularly good, and it was great mingling on their outdoor deck along the river after dinner with everyone.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report-London & Windsor

Hi, toofargone, I am being lazy here in Evergreen with the snow today! but if you have a chance to ride Rotten Row it really was something I'll never forget and will absolutely do again when I go back!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
918 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report-London & Windsor

So far, we're just getting rain down here in Denver. Autumn is here for sure.

If I recall correctly, you were leaving on the plane that brought me home last week. It occurred to me too late that we could have arranged a meetup at DEN so I could hand you my PAYG UK cellphone which still has unused call time on it, including some complimentary international calling minutes. Obviously it's doing me no good here at home, and the SIM card will deactivate after 90 days. Oh well, I'll have the phone for my next trip, and will just need to buy the SIM card.

5. Re: Trip report-London & Windsor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 06:23