We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brixton to the o2?

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Brixton to the o2?

Can someone advise the best way to get from Brixton Academy to the o2 at about midnight on a Friday night?

We are visiting London this weekend and will be trying to get from a gig in Brixton to a Club at the o2.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brixton to the o2?

You should be able to take the tube from Brixton to North Greenwich (with a change at Green Park). Last train out of Brixton is 00.22, but if I were doing it I'd try to leave a little earlier than that.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brixton to the o2?

Just checking - you do mean the O2 Arena/Indigo2/matter club at North Greenwich, not the O2 Academy in Islington?

London
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brixton to the o2?

Assuming that it's a regular gig at The Brixton Academy the concert will finish no later than 11pm in my experience and 15-30 minutes earlier than that is the norm. I'd take the tube from Brixton, change on to the Northern Line at Stockwell and then change again at London Bridge for the Jubilee Line for North Greenwich. Once you're on the tube the total journey time should be less than 45 minutes so you'll be in The 02 complex by midnight.

If you're at a late licence event that runs to midnight the issue will be catching the last tube on the Jubilee Line from London Bridge to North Greenwich. I'd check the TFL website to see if you can find out the time of the last train, but its likely to be around 12:45 and I'd allow at least 45mins to get to London Bridge from The Academy if you do leave at midnight - the tube tends to run slightly less often as the end of service for the day approaches. If you miss the last Jubilee Line of the night at London Bridge then an expensive taxi/cab ride will be your only option.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brixton to the o2?

Thanks folks. Yes it is Matter that we are going to.

We just have to make sure to get out of the Academy early enough.

5. Re: Brixton to the o2?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 05:27