We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to and from Heathrow

Gilbert, Arizona
1 post
Taxi to and from Heathrow

I am traveling to London next month and I need help with a shuttle service from my hotel to Heathrow. I plan to use the tube to get to my hotel, but my departure is too early to use the express or tube. Are there any suggestions on a shuttle service?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,605 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Taxi to and from Heathrow

Try a car service; you should be able to travel from central London to LHR for about £25 - 29 depending on the service with which you book.

Tried and tested companies include www.handicars.co.uk www.simplyairports.co.uk www.justairports.com www.london-transfers.com and www.exclusiveairports.co.uk It's not unusual for credit card payments to attract a small surcharge, so a cash payment will save you a few pounds.

I've used Just and Simply and have been satisfied with both.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Taxi to and from Heathrow

Ive booked Dot2 Dot a door to door shuttle service for friends and guests and they have been very satisfied. They do early pick ups.

It costs about £21.50 for a pickup from most London areas to Heathrow. They also go to Gatwick.

www.dot2.com

If there are 2 or more of you it might be cheaper to book a local minicab company.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
302 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Taxi to and from Heathrow

If you're on a budget then depending where you are staying (and probably which terminal you're flying from) there is a night bus that goes to Heathrow too.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Taxi to and from Heathrow

A black taxi to the airport that you waved down in the street would cost you about £50 to £60. Put your time of departure and addresses into this website calculator to get a more accurate estimate

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/london

As was said above the "N9" bus runs through the night and early mornings and costs £2 per passenger. They do have luggage space. But they would take about 80 minutes plus the time waiting for one to arrive.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
5. Re: Taxi to and from Heathrow

Dot2dot is getting more and more complains. I always recommend Simply. They are cheap and efficient.

6. Re: Taxi to and from Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 05:25