We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loving London Apartments

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Loving London Apartments

It's never fun to post a bad review of a company but one is required here. This company operates as several different companies all through the same reservation system. We rented a "luxury" apartment from this company's Loving Prague in February 2009. The apartment was dirty and in disrepair. The amenities (a swimming pool, sauna and exercise room) were in such bad repair that they were unusable. The oven and washing machine and dryer did not work properly. (I am accustomed to European appliances as I lived in Europe for many years and we were an international group staying there.) We tried to contact the person who was supposed to be our "host" but once he took our money on the first day, he was unreachable. He told us on the last day when we ran into him on the street that he "turned off his phone." We finally contacted the other company offering the apartment and they did some repairs but not all. It was certainly not a luxury apartment and the dirt and disrepair made it really not enjoyable.

In March, I wrote to the home office of the parent company for all the Loving companies but they have not bothered to reply. I sent them detailed information and included pictures of the dirt and damage. This is very disappointing.

I've rented apartments or homes several places for a holiday so my expectations were realistic.

I would not rent from this company or any of their sister Loving companies again and I advise others to be wary of them.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Europe
Europe
World
Haymarket Hotel
Haymarket Hotel
#12 of 1,085 hotels in London
Corinthia Hotel London
Corinthia Hotel London
#25 of 1,085 hotels in London
Hotel Cafe Royal
Hotel Cafe Royal
#39 of 1,085 hotels in London
Barcelona
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Loving London Apartments

As a representative of Loving Apartments I just wish to say that it's a shame that you seem to be slandering our hard working honest staff in such a way, making unsubstantiated claims.

Note in this particular post the lack of any specifics.

We pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service and the accuracy of our website and quality of the apartments on it.

I am sure most Trip Advisor users are well aware of the fact that it is possible for competitors or disgruntled guests who may have had deposits kept after causing unreasonable damage for example, can easily place unreasonable and untrue posts on here.

Thankfully we have many honest and happy guests who also post here and other places on the internet, and also return to us again and again.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
8,755 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loving London Apartments

<<"it's a shame that you seem to be slandering our hard working honest staff in such a way, making unsubstantiated claims. Note in this particular post the lack of any specifics.">>

I see no slander, just an opinion, that's what TA is based on, and anyone is free to give an opinion. Legally speaking that is not slander. Besides I see many specifics. If you mean individual names etc, then this is not the place for those.

<<I am sure most Trip Advisor users are well aware of the fact that it is possible for competitors or disgruntled guests who may have had deposits kept after causing unreasonable damage for example, can easily place unreasonable and untrue posts on here.">>

This is true Sir, most users are aware that's a possibility. But a member with 5000+ posts has no axe to grind... he's not a new member (unlike yourself) so I trust him, as will many TA visitors. People who seek to discredit others by a bad review are usually easily spotted by the fact that they join TA purely to post the negative review, and they don't survive long. 5000 posts proves you wrong in this case. Why would a competitor of yours post 5000 times on TA to give himself credibility on a single complaint against your chain?

Just silly. Go back and look at this again. You are not onto a winner here, especially with the stupid "slander" claims. Live or die by the reviews, that's how business is done. Get better at the business, then you get better reviews.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
567 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loving London Apartments

Iaianmac you have the same generic response for every complaint on here. Obviously you have some unhappy customers and several have posted on TA boards regarding their bad experiences. Kileysmom has 300 posts on TA forums and says she is an attorney, not your competitor. You have 10 responses and all of your responses sound the exact same. Go figure. Instead of getting so defensive how about addressing the complaints?

Phoenix
Level Contributor
567 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loving London Apartments

And by the way, slander is only slander if you can prove what somebody is saying is absolutely false and malicious. If it is in print then it is libel. It seems to me she has proof of your shoddy apartment. Someone saying they do not like your accomodations is not slander if they have the proof to back it up. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loving London Apartments

Over an hour ago, I invited you to send me a private message and I would send you the letter to which your company has never responded. You have not contacted me. Meanwhile, here is the response I am posting everywhere you post.

Dear Representative of Loving Apartments, You are the first person to respond to my complaints in writing or via telephone. If you care to send me a private message here on TA (just click on my name here and you will see how to send a private message) with your e-mail address, I will happily send you a copy of the letter I sent to Loving Apartments in Barcelona. I have had no reply to that letter and it included pictures of the dirt and disrepair in the apartment. We have not been offered any refund or compensation for the problems by Loving or anyone else. I would very much like to discuss this matter with someone at Loving Apartments with the authority to resolve the issues. Thank you. Oh, I should add that I do not live in Zermatt, do not work for any travel agency (I am an attorney in Alaska) and am not in any way posting something that is untruthful or unsubstantiated. I have photographs of the dirt and disrepair and copies of all the e-mails with your agency as well as copies of the letter sent to your office. I would be happy to share these with anyone with a legitimate need to see them. Just send me a private message.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Zermatt
Zermatt
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
Barcelona
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Loving London Apartments

Please simply send an email to the reply address of any of the original emails sent to you when originally booking including your booking reference number.

London
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Loving London Apartments

Way to go iainmac, what a way to address customer complaints, my hat comes off to you! Wherever did you learn such amazing customer service skills? A real lesson to learn here for everyone in the service or hospitality industry!

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loving London Apartments

The office through which I made my booking did not resolve my problems before I left home (I contacted them to get some additional information about the flat and was told that they couldn't help me once the reservation was made), they didn't respond to my call to them while I was in Prague (please read below for further information on this) so why would I think the London office would be of any assistance after my return. That's why I requested and was given the address for the parent company in Barcelona. I wrote to them and sent them photographs of the situation. Until this poster posted these replies, the company made no attempt to contact me despite having my address, telephone number and e-mail address.

This morning (Alaska time) I received an e-mail from a staff member in the London office saying that my review on Trip Advisor was premature and that I didn't give them a chance to correct the problems and that they are not responsible for broken things and for the pool and sauna being unusable. They admit their rep wasn't answering his cell phone for the week I was there and, since they couldn't get in touch with him after they received my call regarding the problems we were having while we were still in Prague and trying everything to get the problems resolved, they tried to call me at my number in Alaska. They claim to have not had any idea what to do when I didn't answer my home phone. (One is forced to wonder why they couldn't find some way to contact me in Prague - they knew where I was!) I have sent her a reply attaching the letter I sent to the parent company. Hopefully, the communication line is now open and, despite this initial communication blaming me for the problems, the company will realize they didn't provide what I paid for, they should find a better way to resolve problems and they should respond to complaint letters in a timely fashion. I don't blame individual staff members - these folks follow company policy and procedure. The company management needs to look at what's going on and figure out solutions before very many people experience what I experienced.

As a person who owned a hotel, I know there are disgruntled guests who claim all sorts of things trying to get a free stay or monetary compensation that allows them to profit. I do not do that. I do believe clients should get what they pay for and travelers should be able to trust what a company says about its offerings. Websites like TA are helpful for alerting others to great hotels, apartment rental companies, restaurants, etc. but those who do not operate in a proper fashion should expect that they will get a negative review here.

I will definitely keep everyone up-to-date on the situation. If this company proves they are more interested in customer satisfaction than has been the case to date for me, I will post that I am satisfied that they have done so. Credit where credit is due.

Watch this space!

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Loving London Apartments

As a result of their staff member posting his comments here and the community members picking up on this problem, the company contacted me to resolve the issues. We have worked out an appropriate resolution to the issues and it is fair that I post their interest in finding a resolution and then following through once we worked it out. Thanks to all for your support.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Loving London Apartments

My goodness, just came onto TA for a quick check on Loving London Apartments - glad I did! Needless to say there are plenty of other options available to me in London!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK