We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest way to get to wembley stadium from Stansted airport

Vigo, Spain
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Fastest way to get to wembley stadium from Stansted airport

I will go to a concert at the Wembley Stadium in September, and I would like to know which is the fastest way to get there from Stansted airport. If I take the flight the same day (that is what I prefer) I'll have 4 hours to get to the stadium, but I don't know if it's enough time. I'd appreciate your help and advice.

Thanks,

Nora

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
161 posts
1. Re: Fastest way to get to wembley stadium from Stansted airport

Four hours would be more than enough time, and might even give you time to have a beer on the way.

Using public transport, take the Stansted Express to Tottenham Hale, then jump on the tube (Victoria Line)to Green Park, and then get the Jubilee line to Wembley. I think that would take less than 2 hrs if all goes smoothly.

London, England
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Fastest way to get to wembley stadium from Stansted airport

I would say go to liverpool Street on the stansted express and then hop on the metropolitan line all the way to Wembley park. 2 hrs at the very longest I would say - plenty of time for a drink or two at either Liverpool street or Wembley.

Alta, Norway
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
3. Re: Fastest way to get to wembley stadium from Stansted airport

Bus (National Express A6) to Finchley Road takes about an hour. Enter the tube station and take the Metropolitan line - Wembley Park is next!

londontoolkit.com/travel/stansted_airbus.htm

tfl.gov.uk/assets/…standard-tube-map.pdf

Alta, Norway
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
4. Re: Fastest way to get to wembley stadium from Stansted airport

The bus drops you off right by the O2 Centre, in case you wish to get a bite to eat or do some shopping. The Sainsbury's (which I just learned is the largest in London) is great should you not want to have a sit-down meal.

http://www.o2centre.co.uk/

5. Re: Fastest way to get to wembley stadium from Stansted airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 00:18