We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kensington To Stansted Airport

latham ny
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kensington To Stansted Airport

I will be traveling from Gloucester Station and need to get to Stansted Airport for a flight to Denmark. Also upon my return I willl be traveling from Stansted back to Heathrow and wish to do so by tube . Best advice please. All help is very appreciated Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kensington To Stansted Airport

The tube doesn't go out as far as Stansted. If you are willing to pay for it, there is a "Stansted Express" train that leaves from Liverpool Street, stopping at Tottenham Hale along the way.

Details of the Stansted Express service are at www.stanstedexpress.com

Gloucester Road to Liverpool Street: take the Piccadilly Line to Holborn, change there to the Central Line to Liverpool Street.

Liverpool Street to Heathrow: reverse the aobve journey, but make sure you get on a Piccadilly line train that goes to the right Heathrow terminal, and stay on it for that station.

Caveat: the interchange at Holborn has quite a few steps, and might be hard work if you have a lot of luggage. If you do, please yell and we'll advise a different route.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kensington To Stansted Airport

BTW - I gave a tube journey because that's what you asked for. If I were going from Stansted to Heathrow myself, I'd look at the National Express coach service: londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_stansted_t…

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kensington To Stansted Airport

From Gloucester Road take the District/Circle to Victoria, Victoria northbound to Tottenham Hale and then Stansted Express to the airport. Much quicker than going via Liverpool Street

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kensington To Stansted Airport

Snowdrop Travel do a hotel shuttle service from Kensington Hotels to Stansted for 15 GBP

http://www.snowdroptravel.co.uk/26.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kensington To Stansted Airport

I wondered about that, but I've never actually got on the SEx there. Are the facilities for buying tickets at Tottenham Hale as straightforward as they are at Liverpool Street?

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kensington To Stansted Airport

I would take the Piccadilly Line from Gloucester Road to Finsbury Park. There is a cross platform change there to the Victoria Line to Tottenham Hale.

Then Stansted Express to Stansted.

Taking the train to Liverpool Street will take a long as getting to Tottenham Hale with the long walks between lines.

If you can't buy a ticket straight through at GR, you half to walk past the ticket office at TH between the underground and mainline.

7. Re: Kensington To Stansted Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 17:30