We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
267 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

Hello! I have a question about how to transfer from Heathrow to Victoria Station. Since Heathrow Express is so expensive, we would like to take the tube instead. Is Heathrow Connect the way to go?

Thank you for your help!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
30,917 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

Take the Tube to Hammersmith, walk about 10 feet to the adjacent platform, get on a District Line Tube, get off at Victoria

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
53,571 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

The Underground will take you from LHR to Victoria with a minimum of fuss. Heathrow Connect is an overground train similar to the HEX, but it is a stopping service - the HEX runs from LHR to Paddington with no stops en route - with Connect taking about 25 minues from the airport to Paddington.

Taking the Tube is fairly simple. There are three Tube stations at LHR: one at T5, one serving T1,2,3 and one at T4. Take any Piccadilly line train from any of the stations. At Hammersmith, alight and walk across the platform to join an eastbound District line train. Take the District line to Victoria and that's it.

Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
267 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

Thank you so much for your replies! I may have saved some money for extra fish and chips!

Thank you again!

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

National Express also run services between Heathrow and Victoria costing 4 GBP, the same as the London Underground full cash fare.

Big Plus are you get a comfortable, air conditioned seat with no crowding of the London Underground, downsides are less frequencies, departures are from the Central Bus Station convenient only for Terminals 1,2 and 3 and on many journeys will be slower than the Underground.

National Express will also sell you an Oyster card.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

I've used National Express twice now to come from Heathrow and it works best for me. Coming out of Victoria Underground Station, you'll have to come up some stairs - which can be a pain if you have a lot of luggage or if your luggage is big/heavy. National Express comes in at Victoria Coach Station, which is across the street.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
973 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

Hi, I too have taken National Express coach service. It's 4 lbs, comfortable and drops you off at the stations. I've been staying at our B & B near Victoria since 1982 and this is by far the best way to get there. (Personally, going on the tube with luggage after a long flight isn't for me). :)

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

hi this is my first trip to heathrow is the national express bus to victoria easy 2 find

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,290 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

benji - if you go to heathrowairport.com, you can have hours of fun with the interactive maps.

They'll show you where the coach station is and details about the terminals.

Another good (actually, essential) site is tfl.gov.uk.

To answer your question, follow the signs to the central coach station, and then look for the bus stand for the coach to Victoria. There are plenty of staff around to help.

9. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2008, 15:16
northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow?

thank you very much for the info peterscot much apprecaited