We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hi

6 posts
Save Topic
hi

Im coming from u.s.a flying to heathrow and getting a fight connection out to budapest do u have to go though custom or just to ur flight connection i dont know what terminal i be landing at yet now do u have take a bus to ur terminal or can u walk though the airport. My arrive time is at 8:20 a.m. and depart time is at 1:15 p.m. is that enough time to get to ur flight connection. thank u Gary

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
8 replies to this topic
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hi

One ticket, or two tickets?

2. Re: hi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 December 2017, 22:05

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hi

Gary

The guys are asking because it matters and makes a difference on what happens.

If it's on one ticket then your bags will go on and you follow flight connections,no customs just a security check.

If it's on separate tickets then you will have to go through Immigration/Passport Control,collect luggage travel to the departure terminal and check in.

Whatever ticket you have and if your incoming flight is on time,then you should be ok.

#But flight and ticket information from you will help as to any further guidance

New Mexico
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hi

<If it's on separate tickets then you will have to go through Immigration/Passport Control,collect luggage travel to the departure terminal and check in.>

Not always. If you don't have checked luggage to collect and you have your onward boarding pass you may be able to transfer airside and avoid immigration. Some have even posted on this forum that you can get a BA boarding pass at T5 if that applies to you.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
46,103 posts
1,480 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hi

Gary,

For questions, such as this one, the more info provided, the better folk can help you.

As mentioned, one vs separate carriers can matter.

Checked luggage vs carry-on only, can matter.

Even with separate tickets, but on alliance partners, one *might* be able to through check luggage.

We I asking this question, I would also mention the airlines involved, just in case there are perhaps partnerships, or strong interline agreements.

Best of luck,

Hunt

6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hi

Im flying in with american airlines operated by british airway from u.s.a. i just wanted to know do i just go though security then to my flight connection to budapest that what american airline is telling me it my first time flying oversea that why i was asking also i heard that security will ask u what bring u here and how are u staying is this true Hunt thank u. Gary

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,907 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hi

'i just wanted to know do i just go though security then to my flight connection to budapest' You will go through Security. Whether you will need to go through passport control and perhaps collect your bag before making your way to another terminal builiding depends very much on whether you have a single ticket or two separate tickets. It also depends very much on the city from which you're flying to Heathrow.

We don't ask with the intention of seeking you out and following you through the airport, but to give helpful answers to your questions. Without knowing more there isn't any way to say X will happen on the day because how you'll travel through Heathrow depends on the details.

'i heard that security will ask u what bring u here and how are u staying is this true' No, Security staff will not ask what you have and how long you plan to stay as that's not in their remit.

Passport control staff may ask how long you plan to stay, and if you make a landside connection then the honest answer will be 'X hours as I'm heading to Terminal 3 for a flight to Budapest'. If you do make that landside connection you'll need to walk through Customs but may not see an agent, although there are times when pax are stopped and questioned.

Let us know more, please.

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hi

Gary

we are all trying to help you but you keep missing an important point to get the best advice.

OK you say that your ticket to LHR is operated by AA/BA

Who operates your ticket from LHR to Budapest?

Is it all on THE SAME TICKET? with one Reference number or have you two separate tickets?

Do you have checked luggage or just carry on?

As Traveller Plus explained we are not trying to seek you out just trying to answer your question simply and more clearly.

Your answers may well affect what we can give you

Reply to: hi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted