We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O2 Arena - section 117

High Wycombe...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
O2 Arena - section 117

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help?!

I have just purchased tickets to watch Pearl Jam next year at the o2 Arena and have been given section 117 as our seating section. When I looked at the seating plan I can see this section is behind the stage! Obviously this wouldn't have been my choice at all if I was given one!

Has anyone sat in this section before when watching a band? Will we just see the back of the band's equipment and not the actual band? I understand the more you pay the better seats you get but I paid quite a bit and to get these seats I'm a bit concerned!

Any experience on sitting in this section would be appreciated! Thanks

12 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

Not the best seats....see if you can upgrade

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,654 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

Tickets aren't on sale to the general public until Friday. Should be able to get better seats then, but you will of course have to pay more.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

Which seating plan are you looking at, is it a generic one, or Seatwave or similar? The stage location can vary a bit by event, and I ask this because I can't see a Pearl Jam plan on the O2 website yet, (unless my eyesight is failing me!) Sites like seatwave etc aren't always all that accurate in their description.

I've not sat in 117 for a concert but I've been in a few times for various events, what I can say is that you won't be looking "at the back of a set, or equipment" as Seatwave suggests you might. That's an absurd concept and I've never seen it happen. Knowing the O2 layout I'd say you'll be looking down at the band from the side, *slightly* from behind... should actually be a great view and you'll be closer than those at the back of the arena.

Mentioned in this post
The O2
The O2
3,985 Reviews
London, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

I've sat in those seats before - awesome view. What row are you?

Put 'The o2 117 row X' into Google Images and YouTube and you'll get an idea

High Wycombe...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

Thanks for all your replies!

Not concerned too much if there's a 'slight' viewing restriction but obviously it would be pretty bad to not see much at all. Can't understand why these tickets would be for sale if that were the case....so maybe just me worrying because I've waited a long time to see Pearl Jam so I'm very excited!

When I purchased the tickets yesterday (o2 priority tickets) under the order confirmation there was a picture of the stage with an arrow to show where our seats are. But as you say this might not be accurate.

Let's hope it is an awesome view! :)

Edited: 07 December 2017, 13:48
High Wycombe...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

We are row W, section 117 :)

High Wycombe...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

We are row W, section 117 :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,175 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

An update on this. We were in block 118 row Q at the Queen concert tonight. Good view down on to the left side of the stage slightly behind the front of the stage, view across to the otherwise could be limited depending on the lighting set up. Also the view of the screens could be limited but again depends on how they are set up.

The exit from 118 is opposite an exit down stairs which brings you out beyond the main entrance to the arena so an easy exit out. We were out and on the tube to London in about 10 minutes with no queuing for crowd control. There are ladies toilets just beyond the entrance to 118 with the gents before then.

A word of warning, there were queues as they now have scanners and bag searches to go through to enter the arena, no large bags or cases, food or drinks permitted. A regular size coke was £4 with a beer at about £6.

Edited: 13 December 2017, 00:17
Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
High Wycombe...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

Thanks so much for your reply! Really appreciate it and it's very helpful

Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: O2 Arena - section 117

I’m also in this situation good to see other are too hopefully will be ok but you do get what you pay for I guess. I’m kinda hoping they wouldn’t sell them if you couldn’t see them and that not being greedy considering pj ticketing past let hope set up accommodate for behind viewing in some of the DVD’s there are viewing behind and mcready and vedder are interacting with behind crowd. There nothing on YouTube re 117 but I did find views on mapaplab

Reply to: O2 Arena - section 117
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;