We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Match fixture change.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Match fixture change.

Hey guys,

Probably the most disappointing news I've received in the midst of excitement in planning for our trip this coming March. I have bought Hospitality tickets for the Sunderland match on the 8th, a surprise early birthday gift for my husband, who's a huge Liverpool fan. We are flying all the way from Singapore. To know that the match has now been changed to the 10th, kick off at 10pm, I must admit that I am totally at a lost of what to do. We are leaving Manchester (where we will be staying) on the 9th of March. By the 10th, we would have already been at London.

I anticipated this of course, but nevertheless still very disappointing. However, I am in the process of planning to travel from London to Liverpool just for this match on the 10th. Train tickets it seemed are gonna cost us a bomb, but spending more money is the only option I have right now. However, we will be with our 2 year old daughter. Need advises on below:

1) The match will probably end around 11-12pm/am. Am I correct that there will be no train service for us to travel back to London. If we were to cab there, approximately how much would it be to travel from Liverpool Anfield to London, Cartwright Gardens (our hotel is there)?

2) We'll need to bring our stroller. Is this possible to be brought into the stadium, or perhaps to leave around the stadium's premises safely?

Thanks in advance all.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Match fixture change.

You have the kick off time wrong, no matches ever kick off that late.

Kick off will be 20:00

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Match fixture change.

Ah absolutely! You're right C0rnc0b! Silly me, Interpreted 20:00 as 10pm. Yes, sorry, I meant 8pm. And I'm guessing there would still be trains around after the match has ended. Nevertheless, it would still be good to know the rough estimation of a cab from Liverpool to London.

=)

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Match fixture change.

sorry to throw a spanner in your plans,

but I would hold fire on any plans for this match, as it stands it is on Mon.10.March.2014 kick off 8.00pm (UK time)

however that particular weekend is F.A. cup weekend, should either team (Liverpool or Sunderland) be involved still in the F.A. cup then this game will be postponed and have to be rearranged

so until the next round of F.A. cup fixtures is played (15/16 Feb) I would hold fire and confirming any travel arrangements

also strollers are not allowed in the ground, its not practical for people to bring them, and there's no where really around the ground to leave one, sorry

anything else, just ask

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Match fixture change.

In any event a taxi from Anfield to London is an enormous expense even if you could find someone willing to take you. Even for a minicab it is 8 hours drive for the return journey and 40 litres of diesel. Off the top of my head I would say £300 by day(a wild guess) and more after 10pm.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
744 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Match fixture change.

One option you may wish to consider is seeing if there are supporters clubs in London running coaches to and from the match.

As Bigscouse says though, the match may very well be rescheduled again depending on how the next round of the FA Cup goes for both sides. If the match is rescheduled it can vary how soon after it will be rescheduled. Neither side being in Europe makes it a bit easier but Sunderland's tie against West Brom on 1st March still hasn't been rescheduled and if either side were to end up having to play a 6th round replay that would be another midweek in March not suitable for the rearranged league game. I would suspect any rearranged date could well be in April. All this is hypothetical I appreciate but not to be unexpected.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Match fixture change.

Is it possible to swap the dates you were supposed to go to London with the dates you were going to Liverpool?

As a taxi would cost around £300 I'd say. Couldn't you stay in Liverpool for that night? If you book now there are plenty of hotels available.

FA Cup Sunderland at home to Southampton and Liverpool are away at Arsenal so it is quite realistic to say - and I say this as an LFC supporter!! - that both will lose thus the game will not be affected by the FA Cup. Although I hope it is!

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Match fixture change.

This game has been rearranged for Wenesday.26.Mar.2014, kick off 8.00pm

liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/156089-sund…

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Match fixture change.

Such a shame you will now miss the match especially as it was a one off chance for you both

Hopefully you will be entitled to a full refund on your hospitality tickets

Edited: 27 February 2014, 16:32
9. Re: Match fixture change.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 07:17