We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

UK
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

Is it walking distance with 2 chidren from the Big Blue hotel to central Blackpool. mainly for the tower?

Just weighing up whether to stay at the big blue for its location or do the cheaper alternative and stay in one of the premier inns outside of the centre and drive into the centre and park.

Many thanks.

cheshire
Level Contributor
278 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

i would say it was a good 40minutes to an hour walk from big blue to the tower, albeit a lovely walk if weather is good.

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

Hi there,you can get a tram from the Pleasure Beach (right next to the Big Blue)to the Tower which your children would probably enjoy.The trams don't cost too much and it's only 2 stops to Tower.Other option is to stay more central near to the Tower and use tram to get to Pleasure Beach.I've stayed at a guest house on South Shore and walked to Tower and surrounding area and as stated above,it is abit of a trek,but doable.We just use the trams now when we visit Blackpool as cheapish and they run very regularly all day and into the evening and save alot of walking.Very handy with a 5 yr old and an elderly mum.......

UK
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

Many thanks. Tram sounds good.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

When are you coming? Trams arent due to run again until Easter. If no trams, the Line 1 bus service runs from the PB to the Tower down the prom.

UK
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

Yes I read somewhere that there was some work being done on the line. How likely is it they will be running by Easter? We are due to come Easter sunday for 2 nights.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

Well the latest updates from Bpl Transport say the tram service will be running from Easter so in theory you should be ok. But...there are also repairs going on along various stretches where the new surface has cracked so who knows. I expect they will pull the stops out to get it sorted for Easter as there will be a lot of adverse publicity otherwise (the tram upgrade work has been going on for a long time!).

UK
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

Many thanks for all the info.

manchester
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

Well knowing this council the trams mite be running for easter don't hold your breathe though, It will take you about 40-50 minutes to walk from the big blue hotel to the tower, there ar a lot of cheap hotels and guest house in the town centre, the only problem with the big blue hotel is that when they test the pepsi max ride at 5am in the morning it makes a lot of noise and it is all lit up as well I cycle past it at 5.30 in the morning on my way to work. I hope that this has been of some use.

Paul.

Blackpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
673 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

Big Blue is a good choice, good location - bit of luxury.

Big One Roller Coaster goes though it's testing an hour before park opens. 9.30 am at the earliest!!! It's not that noisy.

South Shore is the best location for families.

Town Centre (Central) - ideal for Stags & Hens.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How far from Big Blue hotel to Tower?

It's just under 2 miles from the Big Blue to the Tower.

It's a great hotel, well worth walking a bit further to/from. I've stayed there a few times and I've never been disturbed by the rides. I've never heard them testing the Big One at 5am, maybe 8-9am, and even then it's not very noisy.

The trams are good fun and frequent, and there's buses that go along the prom too.

Get answers to your questions about Blackpool
Recent Conversations