We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday Tea in The Lake District

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday Tea in The Lake District

Hi

I am taking my Parents to The Lake District in April for their 60th birthdays.

I would like to know if there is anywhere - such as a tearoom, that would bake a birthday cake and has room for us to sit and eat it along with a few sandwiches and a pot of tea.

We are staying in between Windermere and Bowness but will have transport so can travel if necessary.

thanks

Lucy

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday Tea in The Lake District

I've never been, but my friend if always raving about Brambles Tearoom in Windermere. At a quick glance I couldn't find a website for it, but it might be worth calling them?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday Tea in The Lake District

Hiya,

Tthat,s great - managed to find a phone number so will give them a call in the New Year!

Regards

Lucy.x

Wetherby
Level Contributor
209 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday Tea in The Lake District

Gabby,

Although it's a 25 mile and 45 minute drive from Windermere, I would recommend the Borrowdale Gates Hotel, in Grange, which is near the southern tip of Derwent Water www.borrowdale-gates.com/

I've recently organised and enjoyed my wife's 50th birthday cream tea there ( as a result of an equally fabulous previous birthday cream tea visit), and they organised flowers and sparkling wine for me, in addition to a full cream tea- sandwiches, scone, jam and cream and an array of cakes. I'm sure they could organise a birthday cake if you get in touch.

They have a window lined lounge area with great views down Borrowdale where you can enjoy your tea.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday Tea in The Lake District

If you are going to Borrowdale your parents might like the view of Derwentwater from Ashness Bridge. It is high above the lake but you can get all the way up by car and then park and a short walk to enjoy the spectacular view then off to enjoy a great tea by the sounds of it.

It is only a mile or two as a detour

Poulton Le Fylde...
Level Contributor
19 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday Tea in The Lake District

Most of the big hotels do afternoon tea and have large gardens with nice views.

I guess that they will be happy to discuss a birthday cake - for a price :o)

e.g. http://www.holbeckghyll.com/

Cumbria
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday Tea in The Lake District

I live in the lake district and on my birthday we always go to Storrs Hall hotel for afternoon tea it is in a lovely setting just outside Bowness

7. Re: Birthday Tea in The Lake District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Windermere