We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from howtown to martindale

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
from howtown to martindale

hi

We are hoping to go to martindale for a week. Someone mentioned that there's 6 haripin bends en-route. Could someone advise me what's the drive like? Is it uphill? steep? I drive a automatic and have no experience of driving on a mountain road.

Help, please.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from howtown to martindale

Hi there you should have no problems, yes it is uphill but if you drop your gearstick from drive down to L1 or L2 and you'll be ok as long as there is no snow about. Likewise the hairpins, just take it steady.

If you can drive in London the Lakes are a doddle.

Have you used Google maps, use the yellow man and you can virtual drive your journey now.

Best wishes

Jake

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from howtown to martindale

Thank you very much jakewakefield99. That helps a lot.

I always wanted to drive and tour the lake district but every time when l looked at the road map and saw those arrows indicating gradients, l'd loose heart and chose somewhere else. I am definitely give it a go this year. So thank you.

3. Re: from howtown to martindale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2011, 06:57
Get answers to your questions about Penrith